Happy to report after some tough love Lola is finally eating crickets again! So happy

curtm1985

After a few days of some tough love Lola is finally eating her crickets again! I dusted them fairly good because I had some un-dusted crickete in for a couple of days and she showed zero interest! So through some heavily white guys and they are gone! So happy right now and so relieved! Finally life has returned back to normal!

Yeah I feel relieved for sure! She had been eating the veggie and waxworm mix mostly the worms for the past few days but finally just today picked off the crickets! So glad I know she cant just eat the waxworms forever! Although she is sleeping in the pot with the pothos plant which is weird but her tail is curled up so thats good! I'm just happy right now! I had been stressing for quite some time! Worried about hydration and such because I don't see her drink much or any really but her poop looks good no orange to speak of! Thanks for the support life can go back to normal it seems! Fingers crossed and knocking on wood! It's a habit!

Now if I could just get her to be more interested in her crickets instead of waxworms that would be great! I may try some discoids! She only at one last time but that was awhile ago! Any ideas on how to get her more interested in her crickets?

Now if I could just get her to be more interested in her crickets instead of waxworms that would be great! I may try some discoids! She only at one last time but that was awhile ago! Any ideas on how to get her more interested in her crickets?
You really need to get her off wax worms...they're like candy to a cham and hardly no nutrition. Lil Louie will only eat his discoids if I put them on the screen inside at the top. If I put them in his cup he will ignore them for days. He also likes his hornworms and butterworms crawling on a branch. He pretty much only eats crickets from a cup. :confused::rolleyes::cautious:

Are hornworms okay as the main source of food? I've looked into how to breed them! They are not the cheapest feeder but I'll do what I got to do! This is all very interesting! Very informative! Sounds like I got a spoiled little brat lol! I honestly thing she'll only eat her crickets if she watches me dust them and give them a gently shake in the cup! Idk I'm just happy shes eating period I only have her 4 waxworms today and I don't think I'll give her anymore for awhile

Are hornworms okay as the main source of food? I've looked into how to breed them! They are not the cheapest feeder but I'll do what I got to do! This is all very interesting! Very informative! Sounds like I got a spoiled little brat lol! I honestly thing she'll only eat her crickets if she watches me dust them and give them a gently shake in the cup! Idk I'm just happy shes eating period I only have her 4 waxworms today and I don't think I'll give her anymore for awhile
It is best to keep several feeders so they get a variety. Make sure to gutload them. Discoids are easy to breed once you get them started and don't smell like crickets. Super worms are good, also Black soldier fly larvae (BSF Larvae or phoenix worm are the same thing) can be fed as worms and you can also let some of them morph into flies. They love to catch flying bugs. They are easy to keep too. My guy is 4 1/2 months old and right now I have the following on hand...crickets, Bsf larvae, butter worms, wax worms, discoids just finished his hornworms, and have silkworms ordered. Lil Louie won't touch superworms...picky and spoiled.

I'll do some research on these that you speak of! My funds are a little low right now so I have to be very careful of my spending but next month will be much better! Then I can really get her whatever she wants! Thanks for all the advice much appreciated

So if I cant get her to eat crickets or discoids what are my options? She obviously loves the wax worms! I need something in case she doesnt for crickets again which would really suck! The discoids got inside the corners of my cage! Are black soldier fly larvae good for the stable of her diet! Shes just not into crickets anymore! I mean I can do the tough love and only offer crickets until I can get something else should be able to get her something ordered tomorrow for her! Leaning toward the bsf larvae until work picks up!

Sry what I meant was the variety pack would be fine to feed her instead of crickets just in case she decides to completely boycott crickets!

I can afford that no problem I just want to make sure she wont get fat and that can be a healthy replacement for the crickets is all thanks I really appreciate it you are all awesome people

What's the best way to keep these worms fed? I can dig through dirt if I have to I'm planning to order some black soldier fly larvae and silkworms for now and I can get others as money becomes more available next month! I take it I cant just put them in the fridge?

What's the best way to keep these worms fed? I can dig through dirt if I have to I'm planning to order some black soldier fly larvae and silkworms for now and I can get others as money becomes more available next month! I take it I cant just put them in the fridge?
Which worms are you asking about?

Back
Top Bottom