Happy Sunday

Kris Chams

Chameleon Enthusiast
Lil Squirt got about 5 minutes of sun time today, it started to rain and he is back inside.

Attachments

• 8.12.0.jpg
    8.12.0.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 8.12.1.jpg
    8.12.1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 8.12.2.jpg
    8.12.2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 175
Is that a large hornworm before it became lunch in those pics...Harry got mad when he ate his lol

Attachments

• 4CFB3638-FD69-48AA-9EF7-D6971E1D432A.jpeg
    4CFB3638-FD69-48AA-9EF7-D6971E1D432A.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 162
Should of left him outside to experience rain, get a drink etc.. next time
He was outside on the patio while it was raining, then it started thundering and I decided to bring him inside. He has a fountain and a dripper in his enclosure that he drinks from.

That casque is almost as big as my Zaphod's :eek::D. Miss that little poop. Lil Squirt is looking great :cool:!

I'm so sorry you lost Zaphod :( he was so gorgeous!!! Did he pass suddenly from an illness? I know that they are supposed to have a lifespan of 5 to 8 years. How can we help our chameleons live a long and healthy life? Proper sun/lighting, calcium, vitamins, proper gut loading for the feeders. I want lil Squirt to live for 10 years....I know that is wishful thinking, but I will try anything to help him live for a long time.

Thanks for the kind words about my boy :). Zaphod was slowing down for a while before he passed. He was 5 years old when he died. He was a VERY picky eater for a long time, and needed to be hand fed for some time before he passed. The best thing we can do is to give the best possible husbandry and care to them to help them have a great life in captivity. We can only do the best we can and hope to notice any health issues before they become serious. There are no guarantees but we should try our best!

Here's to many years of Lil Squirt pics :D!!!

Is that a large hornworm before it became lunch in those pics...Harry got mad when he ate his lol
Yeah I’m wondering if it wasn’t a bit too big but he attacked the thing and flared all up and ate it. And then he got all calm and sat in his basking spot looking all satisfied with himself :ROFLMAO:...maybe a bit smaller one next time but he’s fine that was last Saturday

Thanks for the kind words about my boy :). Zaphod was slowing down for a while before he passed. He was 5 years old when he died. He was a VERY picky eater for a long time, and needed to be hand fed for some time before he passed. The best thing we can do is to give the best possible husbandry and care to them to help them have a great life in captivity. We can only do the best we can and hope to notice any health issues before they become serious. There are no guarantees but we should try our best!

Here's to many years of Lil Squirt pics :D!!!

You're welcome ☺. I hope Lil Squirt will be around for many years. I will do my best with him

Back
Top Bottom