Happy Canada day!

jul1-fb-banner.jpg

Happy Canada Day!! :D

For you non-Canadians, Canada Day celebrates the joining of several smaller British provinces into one larger one with greater independence (Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick iirc). It's more or less Canada's "birthday", if you squint a little! Technically, it's the first big step toward independence from British rule and the formation of the Dominion of Canada (thus the holiday's original name "Dominion Day").

I intend to go and get me some poutine at some point today, maybe some waffles and maple bacon. I'm sure there's a celebration downtown somewhere haha!

(Also, what Americans call "Canadian Bacon" is in fact "back bacon" or "peameal bacon". It's not "real" bacon and is more similar to finely sliced ham, but it is delicious!)

Last edited:

For you non-Canadians, Canada Day celebrates the joining of several smaller British provinces into one larger one with greater independence (Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick iirc). It's more or less Canada's "birthday", if you squint a little! Technically, it's the first big step toward independence from British rule and forming the Dominion of Canada (thus the holiday's original name "Dominion Day").

I intend to go and get me some poutine at some point today, maybe some waffles and maple bacon. I'm sure there's a celebration downtown somewhere haha!

(Also, what Americans call "Canadian Bacon" is in fact "back bacon" or "peameal bacon". It's not "real" bacon and is more similar to finely sliced ham, but it is delicious!)
This is why your my favorite Canadian :love:

For you non-Canadians, Canada Day celebrates the joining of several smaller British provinces into one larger one with greater independence (Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick iirc). It's more or less Canada's "birthday", if you squint a little! Technically, it's the first big step toward independence from British rule and the formation of the Dominion of Canada (thus the holiday's original name "Dominion Day").

I love Canada! Wish I could move there. Poutine is my jam for real! And I needs me some more Letterkenny!

Back
Top Bottom