Happiness is a drainage system

SMCNARY

Established Member
e9ujaqaj.jpg
ne8eqana.jpg
syve7a3u.jpg
e5ebybu3.jpg

No more dumping 5 gallon buckets every day and no more filling 5 gallon buckets every day
e6evajur.jpg

Life just got easier as a Cham keeper!!!

Ha! Yes, I agree wholeheartedly! Putting in automatic drainage systems was one of the best time saving things I have done as a cham owner.

Deb

Where does it drain to?

Through the wall and outside on to a gravel area, I am going to pipe it into the ground in a French drain I already have, the end is covered with screen and it will be insulated to below ground level for winter time. I put in the pea trap to insure nothing including the cold could get in!

I have the drainage set up so that I can add on the new drainage table I am building that will hold 12-18x18x36 cages as well as 4-2x2x4 cages. I am also going to pipe in the 20 cage baby raiser so no more emptying buckets for me. Only the Neonate racks will ever need to be emptied and they only need it weekly at most and are very easy to do. I am :)

I was wondering about the trap:) thought I might get pretty icky. I've been meaning to get all my outdoor drain tables draining in to my underground drains too. I have to empty buckets every day.:(

Through the wall and outside on to a gravel area, I am going to pipe it into the ground in a French drain I already have, the end is covered with screen and it will be insulated to below ground level for winter time. I put in the pea trap to insure nothing including the cold could get in!

I was wondering about the trap:) thought I might get pretty icky. I've been meaning to get all my outdoor drain tables draining in to my underground drains too. I have to empty buckets every day.:(

I'm moving enough water that I don't think it (pea trap) will be a problem, also I tested it today and ran my misting system and drip system at the same time for about 10 minutes and it had very good flow. My plan will be to do this at least every 1-2 weeks and can also pour bleach or vinegar down it to help keep it clean as well. I use the vinegar in my home ac system and it works well so I'm sure it will be fine between the two. When I add ALL the other cages to this drainage system I know it will not be a problem at all. I use a 35 gallon reservoir now but I will be going to a 100 gallon water tank with a RODI system on it so I wont even have to fill the reservoir after that. I'm trying to automate everything possible so I can handle a much larger number of chams and the large feeder population I already have but concentrate my time on checking, cleaning and feeding my chams. At least that's the plan so we will see how it goes!!!

Back
Top Bottom