happier veiled?

sativa420

i was wondering if by getting a female friend for pablo will this make him happier? or since they are solitary will this cause him more stress? i have been planning on getting a female for a month or so and was wondering how this will affect my little buddie.

well i would keep her in a seperate cage of corse. but i guess what im getting at is if i breed him would he rather be gettin down on some chameleon ass every once and a while or no?

Hey,
The female has arrived and she is barley bigger than vegas head and he is going nutzo for her. I feel bad because she is just a six month tease! I think that when he finally gets it he's going to LOVE it!

She is a FLChams girl from the Orlando reptile show! It is a mystery what species she is.... prob. an ambilobe/ambanja the mother was gravid when it got shipped over....so that basically means she was a good deal and I am enthused to try to determine the local as she grows! I have some more good news....my man got a male ambilobe, as well from fl chams, sier Picasso!! http://www.flchams.com/breeder_chameleons.asp
Wow I have some school work to do today, but I'll try to post some pics l8r.

Last edited:
good shit. i got pablo from mike and im thinkin of gettin him a lady instead of a panther for right now. what you going to school for?

I'm going for speech pathology/audiology for an undergraduate degree, but I am considering pursuing a different major

Did you ever think he was going crazy when he sees her because he might want to eat a descent sized meal. Chameleons do eat their own kind that is not a problem at all for them.

Chameleons do not hug, cuddle or talk out their problems. He only wants one thing from her and she only wants one thing from him. Nothing more. No reason to equate their behavior to your own because they do not understand it.

I like the thought of trying to get your animals layed I guess but you need to think about what you are going to do with the eggs. Alot of people do not have the heart to destroy them. If they are not destroyed they can become quite expensive when they hatch. I sold alot of mine to a local breeder as he knew the couple and wanted the eggs. I really decide on this after I saw some of the prices for trying to house them the way I wanted to.

I got a pair of Veileds m/f and they don't like each other at all. The first day they got into a fight when they saw each other for the first time. They have separate cages and my female is almost 2x bigger than my male who is only 2 weeks younger. But if I walk by her cage with him in my hand so she can see him she darts at him fast as I have ever seen her move and hisses at him through the cage! He on the other hand doesn't seem to care at all. I always imagine him thinking something like "chill biatch when I am older you'll get some!"

Phatturk...you asked...

On another thread that is closed, you asked..."I got a pair of Veileds m/f and they don't like each other at all. The first day they got into a fight when they saw each other for the first time. They have separate cages and my female is almost 2x bigger than my male who is only 2 weeks younger. But if I walk by her cage with him in my hand so she can see him she darts at him fast as I have ever seen her move and hisses at him through the cage! He on the other hand doesn't seem to care at all. I always imagine him thinking something like "chill biatch when I am older you'll get some!"...if she is older than five months, she is likely showing him that she is not receptive. At some point she should become receptive. When she does, she will remain calm, walk slowly away from the male, keep her normal green coloring, not hiss, not attack him. Do not put them together when she is acting the way you described.

Back
Top Bottom