Hanging plant in aluminum cage

courtney22

What is the best way to go about hanging a plant in the reptibreeze aluminum screen cage. Looking for the safest for the cage and not ruining it for future if the plant didn't need to be in there anymore.

sorry if this is late. but what i would do is plave a piece of wood across the top in the middle and sucure by drilling holes on each side and zipties to cage. then use a hanging hook that will screw into the wood and hang the plant like that. JMO

What I did was poke holes in the side of the plastic pot and put zip ties through the holes and pull the zip ties through the cage and secure it from there. It looks really cool like its just floating and it makes a ledge

What I did was poke holes in the side of the plastic pot and put zip ties through the holes and pull the zip ties through the cage and secure it from there. It looks really cool like its just floating and it makes a ledge

That's a great idea, I think I'm gonna do that!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/need-help-pothos-plant-please-102714/#post942943

I put some pics at the link that show how I hang plants. Make an "H" shape out of 3/4" PVC pipe and hang everything from a single center point. You can use an elbow for raising and lowering the basking light ontop of the cage.

What is everyone opinion for a hanging vine plant. I would love to have 1 or 2 hanging vine plants on each of the back corners of my cage. Pothos are an obvious choice but I haven't found one yet with decent sized vines to even be worth hanging in the cage. Opinions....?

I use pothos and the star ivy plants from lowes. Pothos are definitely easier to keep healthy since they grow in near dark conditions. The other ivys can be difficult to get the watering right but seem to adjust after a while. I have been using these for a few years with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom