Hanging Branches

lassiethecham

hello, i am wondering what are some options to hang the branches in the cage without dragon strand ledges? Some of the branches aren't that big so they can't just be stuck into the cage and be held up. I'm having trouble drilling them and they either shatter or won't even make a difference when you drill them. thanks for any help!

They will mention dragon ledges, which are good, but another option is to find a large pot a a base, then you can anchor the branches in the pot.
The pot is planted, so it doubles as bioactive if you add clean up crew.
Here is a pic.
The base is a washing machine tray, the center is a half barrel looking type (plastic), the bottom plants are just in pots.

As always cham safe soil.

IMG_0900.jpg IMG_0901.jpg

I cut them to the size of the enclosure, actually the same size and jam them in. The screen does a good job holding the branches in place. Another option is hot glue to secure the branches or using fishing line.

They will mention dragon ledges, which are good, but another option is to find a large pot a a base, then you can anchor the branches in the pot.
The pot is planted, so it doubles as bioactive if you add clean up crew.
Here is a pic.
The base is a washing machine tray, the center is a half barrel looking type (plastic), the bottom plants are just in pots.

As always cham safe soil.

View attachment 275612View attachment 275613
Isn't this screened in?

hello, i am wondering what are some options to hang the branches in the cage without dragon strand ledges? Some of the branches aren't that big so they can't just be stuck into the cage and be held up. I'm having trouble drilling them and they either shatter or won't even make a difference when you drill them. thanks for any help!
There’s several different ways and some have gotten very creative. You want the frame to handle most of the weight so I would say making a type of scaffolding by attaching long branches or dowels to the frame vertically and then zip tie some branches horizontally to those. Then you can attach whatever you want to that frame.

Back
Top Bottom