Handling

BHeff202

I know that chameleons do not like to be handled much but do people take them out every once in a while? What about when cleaning the cage? What is the best way to get your chameleon to warm up to you so you are able to handle it when needed or some of the time? I have had my chameleon for 3-4 weeks and its about 3 months old.

Don't pick it up by putting your hand over its back and lifting it off the branch. Let it walk onto a stick or your hand...you can encourage it to move forward by putting your other hand behind it .

Feeding it by hand is another way to get it used to you. You can hold the insect so it has to walk onto your hand or the stick to be close enough to get the insect.

Always move slowly. Wear clothes that are not black or red or patterned wildly.

Some will never warm up to you but most will....with patience.

Don't pick it up by putting your hand over its back and lifting it off the branch. Let it walk onto a stick or your hand...you can encourage it to move forward by putting your other hand behind it .

Feeding it by hand is another way to get it used to you. You can hold the insect so it has to walk onto your hand or the stick to be close enough to get the insect.

Always move slowly. Wear clothes that are not black or red or patterned wildly.

Some will never warm up to you but most will....with patience.

thank you! I did not even think about the clothes I am wearing making a difference so that is good to know.

Back
Top Bottom