handling my cham

pamsywamsy1234

people have told me that cams dont like to be handled i wish some 1 would tell my cham that as everytime i go in her viv she runs yea runs to my arm and comes on my arm to come out is this normal lol

Last edited:
NO not normally, but there are some few trained to do this...
There are several users who have trained to their cham to behave this way or at least have claimed to on these forums.
Mine is tending to become friendlier over the last month that I've had him as he has learned that I provide food and water and rarely mess with him any other time, he expects that I'll give him food or water
Mostly he'd rather be left alone, even though he does like to eat lol

They are much friendlier when they are young. Once they become adults their demeanor changes and they can become hissy and gabie.

thanks for that she is about 12 months old iv han her a week and 2 days i cant think of a name for her any body any ideas lol. I love her to bits but the marks on my arms are not good lol. My little boy comes up with names i keep sayin to him its a cham not a dog lol he is trying though.
Everytime anyone goes near the viv she comes to the front of the viv and expects to come out lol she has hissed at me about 3 times she must of had pmt lol.

thanks for that she is about 12 months old iv han her a week and 2 days i cant think of a name for her any body any ideas lol. I love her to bits but the marks on my arms are not good lol. My little boy comes up with names i keep sayin to him its a cham not a dog lol he is trying though.
Everytime anyone goes near the viv she comes to the front of the viv and expects to come out lol she has hissed at me about 3 times she must of had pmt lol.

Do you know if she has laid eggs before? Females will need to lay eggs whether they are fertile or not. At 12 months I would imagine she has cycled maybe once.

My Male, Fred, would come out of his cage onto my hand a lot before I moved. For some reason he isn't so trusting right now. There isn't really anything wrong with her coming out... but you might want to look into why she does it. What kind of lighting and what size cage? do you have enough plants and coverage? If shes lacking something sh emight think that leaving the cage is better. Sometimes they just don't know any better lol.

lol and if you wanna talk about marks... try holding a 540g Melleri with feet that wrap all the way around your thumb! hahaha Henry can leave some nice marks.;):D

people have told me that cams dont like to be handled i wish some 1 would tell my cham that as everytime i go in her viv she runs yea runs to my arm and comes on my arm to come out is this normal lol

My female veiled is just the same. :D She always has been. I got her when she was 6 months old and she had been handled since she was a few weeks old. Even when she was gravid she still wanted to come out! She stopped eating before she laid and every time I tried to feed her she just ignored the food and legged it straight up my arm!

Sometimes it can be frustrating as it takes ages to get her to actually let go of my arm and go back home!! She just bends her body back on itself and you just can't get her off!!:D The other day we were going out and I misted her before we left.... bad move - straight up my arm!! My hubby said 'Can't you just put her back?' :D She wouldn't go back until SHE was ready!! Some days she doesn't want to know and won't come out at all! I let her decide - if she wants to come out then she does, if not I leave her alone.:p

Our viv is 3ft high 18inch deph and 3 foot wide i have a heat lamp aheat mat and a uv light i have lots of plastic plants i have yet to get some real ones i am going to put some pics on ere well my hubby is lol. :D

Back
Top Bottom