Handling help

frythecham

My Cham had an abscess removed from his eye yesterday and j need to give him eye drops 2x a day. I’m not quite sure how to pick him up to administer if I grab from underneath or from the top. The tech showed me how to administer but when they picked him up they made it look a lot easier than it has been for me even getting close to him.

My Cham had an abscess removed from his eye yesterday and j need to give him eye drops 2x a day. I’m not quite sure how to pick him up to administer if I grab from underneath or from the top. The tech showed me how to administer but when they picked him up they made it look a lot easier than it has been for me even getting close to him.
Never done it probably easier with 2 people

Just let him walk onto your hand or arm. Wrap a towel around him so his arms and legs can hang onto the towel but he can’t hang onto you. His head should be outside the towel of course. This will allow you access to the head. Since it’s eye drops (not cream) you can turn him on his side while you have him in your hand with the towel wrapped around him and drip the drop into his eye when the eye is looking up. Be careful not to get the meds into his mouth.

I wish I could show you a picture of this…there’s no good way to describe it. If you don’t understand and need clarification, just ask and I’ll try to explain it better.

Just let him walk onto your hand or arm. Wrap a towel around him so his arms and legs can hang onto the towel but he can’t hang onto you. His head should be outside the towel of course. This will allow you access to the head. Since it’s eye drops (not cream) you can turn him on his side while you have him in your hand with the towel wrapped around him and drip the drop into his eye when the eye is looking up. Be careful not to get the meds into his mouth.

I wish I could show you a picture of this…there’s no good way to describe it. If you don’t understand and need clarification, just ask and I’ll try to explain it better.
he wants nothing to do with me unless he’s asleep lol other than that you’ve given me great advice! It’s just getting him in my hand that is the big issue
I almost got it today but then he got pissed so no luck

he wants nothing to do with me unless he’s asleep lol other than that you’ve given me great advice! It’s just getting him in my hand that is the big issue
@kinyonga gave a pretty solid method, don't grab them from above. As mentioned two people would make things a little easier as well.

When I have to get my guy out, I try to bribe him to walk into my hand with hornworms. I hold one hand near him for him to walk onto and the hornworm in the other hand. Hold the worm far enough away that he has to walk out to get it.

When I have to get my guy out, I try to bribe him to walk into my hand with hornworms. I hold one hand near him for him to walk onto and the hornworm in the other hand. Hold the worm far enough away that he has to walk out to get it.
i got him out and did the drops😅 I saw someone else on here say they used blue gloves so I tried that plus the hornworm and he was so chill. Of course when I tried to reposition him he puffed up and backed out but I was able to get him back on my hands climbing until he just sat still and I was able to get the drop on his incision. No I just gotta figure out how to get him in a good hold to do his injection tomorrow😭 thank y’all so much

Back
Top Bottom