Hand feeding help

I am trying to build trust with my chameleon by hand feeding. I tried for the first time yesterday but it had been like an hour and he was trying to hide I think. I am trying again today, but he backs away and looks so nervous. He is colorful, and i’m sitting below him so I don’t think he is stressed. He was father out towards me at first but has slowly backed away. Does any one have any tips to make him eat the food from my hand?

Attachments

• 588004DE-B72B-49CC-A9DD-EADECF5BB8C5.jpeg
    588004DE-B72B-49CC-A9DD-EADECF5BB8C5.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 75
Lots of time. I have some nice shoulder muscles from holding my arm out trying to build trust with my chameleon.

It might be too soon to try hand feeding. Try just having the enclosure open and sitting next to it.

You could start with holding the feeding cup. I pretty much do that at every feeding. When I hand feed, I put a silkworm on the back of my hand and slowly offer it, making sure to stay below them. For whatever reason, they won’t take it from my palm. When I’ve the time, I open their doors and will just sit quietly in front, keeping my movements limited and slow. I also make sure not to stare at them. They don’t like being handled, so I respect that.

Back
Top Bottom