Hammlet’s double wide

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
Here ya go @Beman I just finished Hammlet’s new enclosure. It’s 2 XL Reptibreezes attached. I used the panels from his old enclosure along the plants and added some new plants. I also used the soil and clean up crew from his old enclosure and had to add some more. Palm fronds instead of leaf litter. Not sure yet if I’ll be giving him a second basking light. Will have to see where he prefers to be. He should appreciate the extra space. His plants will obviously need to grow in, but I tried to provide him some good hiding and sleeping spots to choose from. I also have some more fake plants that I still need to attach to the outside doors. It’s been a tremendous amount of work getting everything put together and moving him to my new reptile room. Still have Jack and my ladies to move. ~groan~
AC665FE4-B67D-4F70-A003-4B6883823637.jpeg
ACAAE50B-FC89-4FB4-B46A-465AC1BF4E92.jpeg

Here ya go @Beman I just finished Hammlet’s new enclosure. It’s 2 XL Reptibreezes attached. I used the panels from his old enclosure along the plants and added some new plants. I also used the soil and clean up crew from his old enclosure and had to add some more. Palm fronds instead of leaf litter. Not sure yet if I’ll be giving him a second basking light. Will have to see where he prefers to be. He should appreciate the extra space. His plants will obviously need to grow in, but I tried to provide him some good hiding and sleeping spots to choose from. I also have some more fake plants that I still need to attach to the outside doors. It’s been a tremendous amount of work getting everything put together and moving him to my new reptile room. Still have Jack and my ladies to move. ~groan~
View attachment 305904View attachment 305905
OMG you bad a** boss FEMALE Cham keeper!!!! You rock Vikki! That looks amazing!

Looks like you found a burlap bag large enough to fit the bottom as snug as you can get with it. Your cham is so lucky!
Managed to find a variation of a root pouch that’s the perfect size and not round. It was expensive, so I didn’t order it initially. Then when I tried to fit in the root pouch I did buy…was way too big. I feel like the Goldilocks of root pouches.
Here’s the link if anyone is thinking of doing the same. https://www.homedepot.com/p/EZ-Gro-2-ft-x-4-ft-Black-Instant-Raised-Garden-Bed-2000/206382267

That's always been my biggest struggle, keeping my plants alive while I work on fitting them into enclosures! I do not have a green thumb, the only time my plants thrive is when I leave them alone! 🤣

Hammlet’s plants seemed to be doing fine in his old enclosure, but they didn’t fare very well when I had to untangle them. His wandering Jew has just barely survived and I hope it bounces back. If not, I should have some replacements ready in a few weeks.

Very nice. What are the plants in the lower left that look like cacti?
Not sure which ones you mean. There’s a begonia maculata, nerve plant, asparagus fern and a parlor palm all visible in the front. In the back are a couple of dracanae, not visible is a maidenhair fern. Hanging are the sad survivors from his old enclosure…philodendron, wandering Jew, spider plant and a pothos.

Good job!!! Looks really great (y)(y):love:

I´m intending to do the same for Ranjo, only wanna place 2 enclosures on each other and going for heights. I´m gonna use glass together with screen, glass 24"x18"x24" for the lower part (bioactive) and 24"x18"x36" screen for the upper part. Total height would then be 60". The first 8" are waterproof, ideal for bioactive. They even make them 24"x24"x48".

RK0124.jpg

How did you end up connecting them?
Becca is right, you are a bad a** chameleon keeper!! This is amazing. ❤❤
Not being able to find anything else, I used the smallest hinges I could find at Lowe’s and wire. I placed 2 hinges on the front and 2 in the back and just wired together where I saw any gaps. They sit on a shelf that perfectly fits them and the corner supports jut up a couple of inches, which also helps keep them firmly together.
That is the leaves of the begonia maculata. A really pretty plant that I just had to have. It wasn’t doing well sitting in it’s pot, waiting to be planted, so I pray it recovers and thrives.

Good job!!! Looks really great (y)(y):love:

I´m intending to do the same for Ranjo, only wanna place 2 enclosures on each other and going for heights. I´m gonna use glass together with screen, glass 24"x18"x24" for the lower part (bioactive) and 24"x18"x36" screen for the upper part. Total height would then be 60". The first 8" are waterproof, ideal for bioactive. They even make them 24"x24"x48".

View attachment 305957
This looks like it’ll be more of a challenge than what I did. You’ll probably need to use something more sturdy than the little hinges I used. I did come across these super sturdy bars with holes…think they’re called joining plates. They come in a multitude of sizes, although they were all too large for my use.

This looks like it’ll be more of a challenge than what I did. You’ll probably need to use something more sturdy than the little hinges I used. I did come across these super sturdy bars with holes…think they’re called joining plates. They come in a multitude of sizes, although they were all too large for my use.
Normally, yes it would, however check the vid

I’ll remove the top screen of the glass enclosure and put a Exo Terra Screen Large Atrium on it. They already got a open bottom (you need to place the tray in it), then it’s just mounted the two together. O and I ordered the 36”x18”x24” glass and 36”x18”x36” screen total enclosure size would be 36”x18”x60” 😇

Back
Top Bottom