HAHA I am the winner lol

So I have been fighting with Loki (9 month old veiled male) to cup feed so I can start feeding off some of my roach colony that I have been working on. He flat out refused to eat them out of the cup and would just sit on the edge of it watching them.

I tried leaving a few in there each day (taking them out at night so they could gut load again) and feeding him nothing else and he won out. He loves his crickets.

Then I decided to throw the crickets into the cup so if he wanted them bad enough he would have to eat out of it. He took to that easier then I would have thought and yesterday I put a roach in with them and BAM he ate it.

I am so happy, I hate crickets and really want to feed roaches as I have a ton of them now lol.

So yah......that's my happy for today lol.

Attachments

• Loki1.jpg
    Loki1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 151
  • loki2.jpg
    loki2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 128
I saw this in food and that you won. I thought after all the pain over getting him to eat roaches, maybe you beat him to is and ate his roach!:eek:

hahaha no I did not indulge in the roach myself just to prove my point. Its taken me MONTHS to not get grossed out by picking them up by hand (their little feet hold on tight and its gross) let alone eating one haha. :D

Great story and glad to hear about the success! I hate crickets myself, but I think I hate roaches equally as much. Are they as finicky while handling them? I hear they don't smell.

Back
Top Bottom