Had to show Hope

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
Took Hope outside today for 20 minutes, she displayed her pretty colors and they have gotten even more prominent.

Hope outside darker.jpg Hope outside head.jpg Hope outside back.jpg Hope outside tail.jpg

First picture is her when she just got outside and was darker. The other pictures are of the spots where her scales turn a light powdery blue-gray when she is outside for an extended period of time. As per usual a picture never captures it quite right especially since you haven't seen a good picture of her usual colors which is just a darker green all the way across. But you should see it just enough, in person it is so much more noticeable. These I usually refer to as her happy colors, she has her normal green resting colors and all sort of colors for saying I do not approve of what you are doing. But these are when she's at her happiest I think ^^

She's come such a long way with her recovery too, I am super happy with how her bones and legs look now ^^

She is looking good! And I hate how pictures just can't capture everything like they are in person it bugs me so much!

I think chameleon colors have so much subtlety sometimes it's hard to show the truly shocking difference between two colors. That and for some reason digital picture always seem to mute colors at least a shade or two.

I think chameleon colors have so much subtlety sometimes it's hard to show the truly shocking difference between two colors. That and for some reason digital picture always seem to mute colors at least a shade or two.
Yup I hate it! Especially when I am trying to get good pics of my female panther showing some pretty color it's like why bother cause on my camera it just looks dull and won't even register her subtle colors.

I had to give her liquid calcium today and her jaw has actually gotten a lot firmer compared to like a month ago where it was still very pliable, so getting her to cooperate when she doesn't always want to has gotten a bit harder. So today she was a bit miffed at me. Thankfully she was more accepting of my presence after sunning and getting a few wild cabbage white caterpillars I found on my hibiscus <3

Back
Top Bottom