Had some visitors tonight

Brentholey

Established Member
I went to mist Opie’s cage right before lights out and his cage was full of little flies. I think they were coming into the apartment through the screen because they were attracted to the light. Opie was eating them as fast as he could. Until this he has showed zero interest in eating anything besides crickets.
1C30DE23-4633-4D86-BD72-BBF3364C9EFB.jpeg
DD0CB012-19D2-4E12-BA8F-66C3821ABC16.jpeg
D46C8548-40E7-4D40-9184-D6736C2B1CC1.jpeg

I’ve been trying to hatch some for about 1-1/2 weeks now I haven’t had any flies hatch yet but now I’m excited cause I’m guessing he’ll eat them. He has no interest in the grubs.

Koba dislikes anything without legs, he wont eat supers or horn worms. So im not sure on the grub side either, but im interested on seeing how he is with the flies.

Kyle has been loving Black Soldier flies lately. Just had close to 100 start pupating into flies over the last two weeks and have been letting them loose in the cage. He hunts them down with no mercy. They are a great enrichment item for chams.

Oh my gosh, my cham just loves flying things! I've also tried grasshoppers recently, he loses his mind over those. I'm expecting sticks in the mail today, excited to give those a try too, just to add even more variety. But yeah, the BSFL take awhile to turn to flies, worth the wait!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, my cham just loves flying things! I've also tried grasshoppers recently, he loses his mind I've those. I'm expecting stick insects in the mail today, excited to give those a try too, just to add even more variety. But yeah, the BSFL take awhile to turn to flies, worth the wait!

They'll absolutely lose it over the stick bugs! put it as far away from him as possible and watch them run!

Nothing makes Mona go crazy like flies!

For the BSFL I take a handful and put them in a glass mason jar with some substrate and put it on top of the enclosure light. They morph in about a week.

Back
Top Bottom