Had a Friendly Cham Today

carbyville

Went to Claudia's cage this morning and opened it up to adjust one of the mister's nozzles and she climbed right out onto my hand to hang out. I had her climbing around on my bed for a bit and decided it was the perfect chance for a photo op. Not sure she was very fond of my phone in her face, but I had to document a friendly day. You never know when you'll get them with chams ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 145
Thanks, folks! She's had me a little nervous today. She didn't want to eat earlier, but later on ate a hornworm and three crickets, which made me feel a bit better. Still nervous though, as always since I'm a worry wart.

What a beautiful little girl. We are birds of a feather, er' chameleons of a tail. I'm constantly obsessed over Lucky's well being. Just when I think, Oh no! he's not eating/drinking enough, I'll find fresh fecals in the cage with good, white urates. It's what we do.

Last edited:
What a beautiful little girl. We are birds of a feather, er' chameleons of a tail. I constantly obsess over Lucky's well being. Just when I think, Oh no! he's not eating/drinking enough, I'll find fresh fecals in the cage with good, white urates. It's what we do.

Very well put!! I'm always looking at my chams to see if anything is wrong... Are they breathing ok..are they sleeping ok.. Did they eat enough..or too much.. Do they look stressed..yay their poo looks great today!!!

My chams are always looking back at me..like why is that giant creature with the big squid eyes staring at me... What's wrong with her...doesn't she have anything else better to do...she looks really stressed I wonder why.. ???

Do you have a laying bin set up for her?

Sure do. She still isn't showing much interest in it, but it's there for her. I'm definitely thinking this semi-hunger-strike may be egg related. Or she's just getting older and doesn't need as much food as she did when she was small, I don't know.

Sure do. She still isn't showing much interest in it, but it's there for her. I'm definitely thinking this semi-hunger-strike may be egg related. Or she's just getting older and doesn't need as much food as she did when she was small, I don't know.

I would only offer her food every other day. I feed my adults three times a week.

I would only offer her food every other day. I feed my adults three times a week.

Sounds like a plan. She still isn't quite right today and it's really making me nervous. Has no interest in crickets and only went for one small hornworm. She's very restless, climbing all over the screen of her cage but she has no interest at all in the laying bin. It's there, I have a towel over half of the cage and everything and she just keeps crawling all over the screen. I don't know if she's just gearing up to the laying bin or what's going on. Other than the not eating and restlessness, she's typical ol' Claudia, so I'm at a loss.

I can't wait until my girl opens up a little. Poor thing is still shy but doing much better. I suppose I wouldn't be too happy if I was shipped from FL to WA either. :p

This is my first female too so I will be right there with you on worrying about eggs before too long.

Update: It seems to be more that Claudia has suddenly become a shy eater. I didn't try crickets today, just to continue to give her that break, but I gave her a couple of hornworms and the last of her superworms and each time I would be in the room, she wouldn't eat. As soon as I walked out of the room (peeking around the corner of course haha) she'd snatch the worms right up.

Is this something that could happen as a cham gets older? I've heard of them becoming less friendly and more territorial, so does something like this go along with that?

Update: It seems to be more that Claudia has suddenly become a shy eater. I didn't try crickets today, just to continue to give her that break, but I gave her a couple of hornworms and the last of her superworms and each time I would be in the room, she wouldn't eat. As soon as I walked out of the room (peeking around the corner of course haha) she'd snatch the worms right up.

Is this something that could happen as a cham gets older? I've heard of them becoming less friendly and more territorial, so does something like this go along with that?

I guess it's possiable but every female I've ever had was always starving and if I wasn't careful they'd darn near take my fingers off to get the food. :D Not to change the subject but have you ever offered Claudia fruits and veggies? Try some slivers of strawberry, banana and greens. My veiled girls love fruits and veggies.

I guess it's possiable but every female I've ever had was always starving and if I wasn't careful they'd darn near take my fingers off to get the food. :D Not to change the subject but have you ever offered Claudia fruits and veggies? Try some slivers of strawberry, banana and greens. My veiled girls love fruits and veggies.

I tried to offer her a banana once but she didn't seem interested in it. I'll try again though with some greens and strawberries. Maybe bananas just weren't her thing :)

Back
Top Bottom