Habitat prep. Had an idea for the mister

todd2010

Established Member
Made a model for a rain mister. I'm digging how it's working. The vivarium is coming along quite nicely I think.
20180616_103550.jpg
Screenshot_20180616-105410_Video Player.jpg

What sort of pump and nozzle are you working with? Also, I really love those bromilliads (I think I say that to every member that uses them, lol). Do bromilads need extra lighting?

It's the mistking setup. I also commented on someone else's and finally found some broms. We will have to see how they do in there w regard to lighting.

Those broms look fantastic. Let me know what lighting you're using successfully, I'd like to add some in, but have more of a black thumb than green :p

Take the broms out of soil, they will likely rot and die very fast with a correct misting schedule. I also suggest placing them up higher, they benefit from bright light.

Yeah sorry, just thought I'd give you that tip based off personal experience. They grow natural in trees, logs, rocky cliffs, etc. The roots are just anchors for them. If in a heavily misted set up they will rot from the bottom and die. Their 'cups' collect water. They're considered epiphytes.

Finished the mister pyramid. It produces a very nice rain action. Now, do I also need a fine mist in the cage for cham eye health?
20180617_085110.jpg

Should post a video of it. Would like to see. I have mine set up on top to 'rain', but I like this idea a lot. Very creative. I think the rain drops are much more stimulating for natural drinking behavior/cleaning behavior. That said I think they benefit from some mist too. Maybe have a mist close the screen as well so you get the rain drops and mist at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom