H2o

gngorman

I have never seen my new cham drink i have a i have a reptiflo 200 in a tub of water at the bottom of his cage with hydro ball in it and coverd by mesh screen. a tube runs about halfway up my cage and drips water onto my pothos leaves then it drips backdown into the tub. It is a continuous cycle. but i have never seen him drink from it or off the leaves. I mist him 3 times daily for about 4mins a time, and everything is soaked, but i still have not even seen him lap off of the leaves....please help. I have also never seen poop yet.

Well, I know what the others are going to say, lose the tub of water and install a dripper from the top. Just because your cham can't get into the tub does not protect him from bacteria in the water if it's recirculating onto the plants. (where he drinks) All the water you add to the cage during the day should be able to drain off into a container you then empty.

Try a simple plastic cup with a pin hole in it place on the screen top filled about 1/2 way with water. it should drip down onto the leaves of the plant. The dripping action of the water should trigger a drinking response.

I hate to do this to you buddy, but you just posted the following:
Today, 09:37 PM
gngorman
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2010
Jay Jay (JJ)

I got a jackson's chameleon 5 years ago, i messed up and did not research at all like an idiot. I kept him in a 10gal aquarium, used a h2o fall, and did not dust his crix with anything. Needless to say he died in less than 2 months. (poor TRI) But i decided to do it agian 2 weeks ago, i researched untill my brain hurt. I mean hours on end per day before i got him. I built him a 24x24x36 cage fully screened, made a dripper with the repti flo 200, and dust his crix every day and mist all the time. He is thriving. He is a juvinile veiled cham(male) that i ordered from mike(AWESOME!) from FL Chams. I love him so much. He is the offspring of Janoris a breeder of mike's. So i named him Jay Jay for Janoris Jr.

You just said "used a h2o fall" - it would be great if you could answer the "how to ask for help" questions. We've all done it at one time or another.

How to ask for help

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information, you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
• Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

I hate to do this to you buddy, but you just posted the following:
Today, 09:37 PM
gngorman
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2010
Jay Jay (JJ)

I got a jackson's chameleon 5 years ago, i messed up and did not research at all like an idiot. I kept him in a 10gal aquarium, used a h2o fall, and did not dust his crix with anything. Needless to say he died in less than 2 months. (poor TRI) But i decided to do it agian 2 weeks ago, i researched untill my brain hurt. I mean hours on end per day before i got him. I built him a 24x24x36 cage fully screened, made a dripper with the repti flo 200, and dust his crix every day and mist all the time. He is thriving. He is a juvinile veiled cham(male) that i ordered from mike(AWESOME!) from FL Chams. I love him so much. He is the offspring of Janoris a breeder of mike's. So i named him Jay Jay for Janoris Jr.

You just said "used a h2o fall" - it would be great if you could answer the "how to ask for help" questions. We've all done it at one time or another.

How to ask for help

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information, you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
• Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful
the dripper i made is not the same as a waterfall, a waterfall produces a steady stream of water, the dripper i made slowly drips the water drip, drip, drip, drip. Not a waterfall, but i do see what you are getting at. Thankyou for your input.

Back
Top Bottom