Guys I need help..

Does she have a laybin in cage?

If she's having a calcium issue she may need liquid calcium to boost it enough and you also have to npmake sure she has a good source of vitamin D3 either from UVB or dusting.

There could be more than that playing into it too....I'm not a vet....I can only give you my best guess.

Does she have a laybin in cage?

If she's having a calcium issue she may need liquid calcium to boost it enough and you also have to npmake sure she has a good source of vitamin D3 either from UVB or dusting.

There could be more than that playing into it too....I'm not a vet....I can only give you my best guess.
No she does not. She is 3 months old. I have vitamins mixed with calcium with d3 and I am giving them to her 2 times a month and she has 6% percentage uvb.

Phosphorous free. Most feeder insects we use in captivity to feed the chameleons have a poor ratio of phos to calcium so the calcium dusting helps balance it.

If a chameleon can't shoot it's tongue and it's from a calcium issue it usually means that they need extra calcium and adequate D3 until the bones get strong again...then you go back to regular supplementing.

Phosphorous free. Most feeder insects we use in captivity to feed the chameleons have a poor ratio of phos to calcium so the calcium dusting helps balance it.

If a chameleon can't shoot it's tongue and it's from a calcium issue it usually means that they need extra calcium and adequate D3 until the bones get strong again...then you go back to regular supplementing.
So how many times should give her calcium with d3? More then 2 times a month? Thank you.

Yeah found out that today and when I called my vet we had a conversation but he insisted on me coming with my chameleon so he can check her for any case even if i took her to him 3 days ago and he literally told me nothing and payed the checkup..
Dang that sucks...well I saw she was doing better so that is good! She’s a little cutie 😄

I dust with a phos free calcium powder at all feedings each week but one. On that one day each week I alternate between phos free calcium/D3 and a vitamin powder. Dust lightly...and if the chameleon spends a lot of time outside then you don't need the phos free calcium/D3 powder dustings.

If the tongue is from a calcium issue then usually it's recommended to use a liquid calcium as well...but infant tell you how much or how often...the vet should know.

I dust with a phos free calcium powder at all feedings each week but one. On that one day each week I alternate between phos free calcium/D3 and a vitamin powder. Dust lightly...and if the chameleon spends a lot of time outside then you don't need the phos free calcium/D3 powder dustings.

If the tongue is from a calcium issue then usually it's recommended to use a liquid calcium as well...but infant tell you how much or how often...the vet should know.
Thank you on your help very much! My vet told me I should just continue dusting calcium every time I feed her and if that does nit help we will go on liquid calcium..

Back
Top Bottom