Gutloading

MattandRicco

Established Member
My freshly purchased guloading ingredients

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_180829_572.jpg
    IMG_20201015_180829_572.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 63
They are high in potassium which binds the calcium. So we avoid it as to allow plenty of free calcium in our reptiles.

Where did you see this? Not saying you're wrong JC. Usually it's calcium that blocks other minerals. Also, people recommend sweet potatoes and squash which have higher? Potassium. I believe many leafy greens too. Seems most vegetables/greens have something that interrupt the uptake of something else(oxalates, minerals, etc)

Where did you see this? Not saying you're wrong JC. Usually it's calcium that blocks other minerals. Also, people recommend sweet potatoes and squash which have higher? Potassium. I believe many leafy greens too. Seems most vegetables/greens have something that interrupt the uptake of something else(oxalates, minerals, etc)

So I have heard this for years, and from vets. BUT it was always in reference to actually feeding bananas to the animal it self.
Feeding to insects, I tend to agree, that it is completely different.

I tried to phrase it such as not a fact per say, but why keepers tend to avoid bananas.

So I have heard this for years, and from vets. BUT it was always in reference to actually feeding bananas to the animal it self.
Feeding to insects, I tend to agree, that it is completely different.

I tried to phrase it such as not a fact per say, but why keepers tend to avoid bananas.
I feed it to my feeders

Back
Top Bottom