Gutloading

Kizmit910

I know that beet greens are excellent for gutloading, but I’m curious if beetroot is good as well or something I should avoid using?
Thank you in advance.

Hey! For gut loading you are going to want to use the following:
chameleon-gutload.jpg

Make sure to leave the gut load with the feeders for 24 hours so then they can pass on all the good stuff to your chameleon. Make sure to use one of the commercial options along with the fresh ones. If you can, also buy some bee pollen, to mix it into the commercial stuff or sprinkle some on your feeders. :)

As for your question, I would just stick the the beet greens. Though if someone else pops in saying beetroot is safe, go for it.

Hey! For gut loading you are going to want to use the following:
View attachment 253611

Make sure to leave the gut load with the feeders for 24 hours so then they can pass on all the good stuff to your chameleon. Make sure to use one of the commercial options along with the fresh ones. If you can, also buy some bee pollen, to mix it into the commercial stuff or sprinkle some on your feeders. :)

As for your question, I would just stick the the beet greens. Though if someone else pops in saying beetroot is safe, go for it.
Just to add to this post: there seems to be some evidence that keeping your bugs (crickets/roaches) at higher temps while gutloading helps make nutrients more available.

Back
Top Bottom