Gutloading with sweet potato?

Most sites, including that one, say carrots are more nutritious. I think they are perfectly fine though, I just like using carrots more often. According to that site, sweet potatoes also need cooked to release some of the nutrients. Of course they have differences and I have no issue with using sweet potatoes, if you have them, use em! What I'm pointing out is if you're going for an orange food and you want to buy something carrots are probably a better deal most of the time. I'm all for feeding sweet potatoes and variety. That's why beman brody and I put it in the gutloading chart. I did not intend what I said to come off like they shouldn't be used.

So assuming you're mixing things up, I'd rather carrots be my staple orange food than sweet potatoes(not to say I wouldn't use both!) Overall less sugar and more nutritious.

Just my 2 cents

@jamest0o0 ...carrots are fine with me as a gutload. I just use whatever I have on hand as a rule

I think that's a great rule and I'm sure it's been working for you in your 30+? years of experience. I'm just speaking on the nutrition, and overall carrots would be my choice, most of the time(based off it's superior micronutrients/less sugar). Sweet potatoe is great too and like almost every vegetable, it has unique benefits, so of course it has it's place.

@snitz427 I see you liking everyone that tries to come at me.

Look up the micro nutrients if you all don't believe me.

You’re reading into things too much lol. I use carrots primarily for all my bins, because they are cheapest and easiest. They last all week so I dont have to worry about food running out. Then I throw in a few gutload ice cubes 2-3x a week.

I don’t know much about the nutritional values of any of the gut load stuff - I just follow the common advices and try to add as much variety as possible in the blender.

I liked the posts because I think sweet potatoes are delicious, and I was too tired to read it all. :p

You’re reading into things too much lol. I use carrots primarily for all my bins, because they are cheapest and easiest. They last all week so I dont have to worry about food running out. Then I throw in a few gutload ice cubes 2-3x a week.

I don’t know much about the nutritional values of any of the gut load stuff - I just follow the common advices and try to add as much variety as possible in the blender.

I liked the posts because I think sweet potatoes are delicious, and I was too tired to read it all. :p

I was just messing, but I thought @kinyonga was trying to argue with me when I didn't intend to argue(which you're probably right, I read too much into) and I just woke up, so I was prepared to die on carrot hill.

I personally love sweet potatoes too lol.

I was just messing, but I thought @kinyonga was trying to argue with me when I didn't intend to argue(which you're probably right, I read too much into) and I just woke up, so I was prepared to die on carrot hill.

I personally love sweet potatoes too lol.

The ol’ Battle of Carrot Hill. The fields are still stained orange from the bloodshed of that day.

The ol’ Battle of Carrot Hill. The fields are still stained orange from the bloodshed of that day.
2B2821D0-2346-46BA-BFE4-12E9FAB421D0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom