Gutloading for Dubia Roaches and Crickets

petparadisevt

Hi Everyone,

I am gut loading my feeders with "Total Bites". Is this ok?:confused:

Ingredients:
Carrageenan, whey protein, soy protein, maltodextrin, fructose, lechitin, locust bean gum, calcium lactate, spirulina, potassium sorbate, citric acid, ascorbic acid, methylparaben, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Blue 1.

I am feeding thousands of crickets and roaches due to the fact that I own a pet store. The cham is going home with me and will not be for sale so I was trying to do the gut load all at once and have always used Total Bites due to the fact that I have so many to feed and it's good quality. I can go fresh for sure but just will be more costly for me. It's all good.
Thanks for the advice

Just speaking from personal experience, but I actually find the pre-made gutloads more expensive. It surprising how long 10 or 15 bucks of fresh product will go.

Consider feeding your pet store crickets the total bites (perhaps with the occassional carrot and other stuff tossed in), but separating out your own chameleons crickets and better gutloading those for the 48 hours (or more) prior to feeding off?

One of my local pet store primarily uses rabbit pellets (primarily alfalfa), carrots, and potatoe to feed their crickets. They tell me this is the cheapest semi-nutritious diet they can find. Could be worse.

It is pretty cheap to put together your own dry mix, with a few fresh veggies added now and then. Probably less expensive that Total Bites. But you'd have to devote an hour to it every few months.

From the postings I have searched and from advice from the reptile store where I get my feeders and other customers there, I've not heard anything that Total Bites is absolutely bad. I use it when I can't find the time to cut up vegetables. I just live a busy lifestyle so anything that is preprepared for me is a plus. I do intend to get cricket crack as well but I just keep forgetting about ordering some LOL

I have never used it, so can't really say anthing about it other than the ingredients shown. I just make my own, the roaches and crickets eat it up and the roaches multiply easily and crickets are fat and plumpt!

Back
Top Bottom