gutload worms?

parishcromer

Can you gutload worms? What is the best way to feed my cham worms? He does not use the cup feeder and he has not taken worms form the tongs.

do you mean superworms? I give them greens and sweet potatoes and squash and carrots. I cup feed or hand feed.

silk worms and hormworms usually come in a cup with their chow and they don't get anything else. I don't feed meal worms.

Are superworms too big for my five month old cham. Pet store lady said the worms can eat through a cup. huh:eek: And since he wont eat out of a cup or by hand do i let the worms lose in his cage?

I have a 4-5 month old veiled and I have fed many superworms, some froma cup, some with the long tweezers, some I stuck to the screen near the Cham and I have even left them free in the enclosure. The Superworms tend to crawl up the screen and he would pick them off. I did find a few managed to escape or tuck themselves tightly into the corners but I would say of the free ones 95% get eaten by the cham (I suppose the rest escape or die and desicate. The superworks are so awkward it is hard to place them on a leaf or anything but the will try to wiggle themselves free and if they are close to the screen they will latch right on.

Back
Top Bottom