gut loading

An importer of reptiles I know uses garlic as part of his anti-parasite program. He and his wife were the only two I know of who did anything to kill the parasites.

Hmm, so romaine and potatoes are not good...and when you get bulk crickets they always pack them with potatoes... Then again, I am now not sure it is romaine or red lettuce I use. Have to check. Oh and the carrots in the cricket cage would get wasted...they do not goto waste for us or the dogs!

Hmm, so romaine and potatoes are not good...and when you get bulk crickets they always pack them with potatoes... Then again, I am now not sure it is romaine or red lettuce I use. Have to check. Oh and the carrots in the cricket cage would get wasted...they do not goto waste for us or the dogs!
You feed the crickets potatoes to keep them ALL alive.
Move some into another container with gut load 24 hours prior to feeding.
Potatoes are cheap.

Yea, I rarely use potatoes, except when I first get them and use the ones that came with them, toss them after a few days. I stuck a baby carrot cut in half in the tank...not many crickets in there now, but will see if they like it.

Yea, I rarely use potatoes, except when I first get them and use the ones that came with them, toss them after a few days. I stuck a baby carrot cut in half in the tank...not many crickets in there now, but will see if they like it.
My crickets definitely eat carrot, I know cause they will all poop orange the next day!

Back
Top Bottom