Gut loading worms

Howdyshay

I have a question about worms. I’m planning to feed my baby panther soldier fly larva and dubia roaches (if I can get him to eat them) with horn worms thrown in for good measure and maybe a superworm here and there. They come in little cups with food at the top. Do you try to add to that or is that a gut load for them?
Roaches can eat the bug burger and veggies you put with them correct?
Thanks. This is all new.

Screenshot_20200926-201859.png

The hornworm chow is fine, you can add some different things that theyll eat like carrots and such, but not really necessary. The thing with worms is the food goes straight through them rather than storing in the 'gut' like roaches and crickets. If gutloading is to be thought of as an important thing, then that is a big drawback for worms as staple feeders. If you're feeding dubia and worms on the side though, that's a great start. I'd also recommend trying almost any other roach species than dubia, for some reason dubia are the most common roach feeder, yet least popular among chameleons. A lot of marketing behind them...

The hornworm chow is fine, you can add some different things that theyll eat like carrots and such, but not really necessary. The thing with worms is the food goes straight through them rather than storing in the 'gut' like roaches and crickets. If gutloading is to be thought of as an important thing, then that is a big drawback for worms as staple feeders. If you're feeding dubia and worms on the side though, that's a great start. I'd also recommend trying almost any other roach species than dubia, for some reason dubia are the most common roach feeder, yet least popular among chameleons. A lot of marketing behind them...
So what roaches do you feed? I have only seen the hissing roaches on Josh's Frogs. Where do YOU recommend getting bugs from?

Back
Top Bottom