Gut loading study on mealworms

Looks like an interesting study. I’ll try to get the full article tomorrow.

I think mealworms can be a nutritious addition to a lizards diet when properly cared for. It would be interesting to compare a bugs nutritional profile after one of these commercial diets vs the current recommended gutloads of fresh veggies, etc

I think mealworms can be a nutritious addition to a lizards diet when properly cared for. It would be interesting to compare a bugs nutritional profile after one of these commercial diets vs the current recommended gutloads of fresh veggies, etc
Have you read the study that compares Mazuri Better Bug, Mazuri Hi Calcium Gut Loading Diet, Mazuri tortoise food mixed with fresh veggies, and Purina Gamebird Startena?It was done on crickets, mealworms, and superworms.

There’s also another one that compared the nutrients of crickets when fed Mazuri’s gut loading diets, Repashy Superload, and a diet made from Timberline. There was a control group of crickets that were fed fresh veggies, but they were also being dusted with a powdered supplement throughout the study so that might not count.

Have you read the study that compares Mazuri Better Bug, Mazuri Hi Calcium Gut Loading Diet, Mazuri tortoise food mixed with fresh veggies, and Purina Gamebird Startena?It was done on crickets, mealworms, and superworms.

There’s also another one that compared the nutrients of crickets when fed Mazuri’s gut loading diets, Repashy Superload, and a diet made from Timberline. There was a control group of crickets that were fed fresh veggies, but they were also being dusted with a powdered supplement throughout the study so that might not count.
If I have it’s been awhile, it seems like I may have seen those posted here previously, but it’s been a while

Do you have links to them?

@DocZ I highly recommend that you search key words or use the table of contents for the second link. It’s a hundred pages long and covers different animals last I remembered.

@DocZ I think I found the diet that this study is covering through the meta description.

Attachments

• C11CB736-DE38-4215-BCD8-B4BEC3B17113.jpeg
    C11CB736-DE38-4215-BCD8-B4BEC3B17113.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 78AF0599-4264-453C-B3A4-C78185C567CA.jpeg
    78AF0599-4264-453C-B3A4-C78185C567CA.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for posting this!

@DocZ I think I found the diet that this study is covering through the meta description.
I wonder how Fluker's High Calcium Mealworm Diet compares to their High Calcium Cricket Diet, and how either compares with dusting(?) :unsure:

Count/ping me in! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom