Gut loading preparation help

Kyle11

Hey I am a new member and a new chameleon owner. I've had my panther for about 4 months so he is right at 7 months old. I have been gut loading his food a certain way since i've had him and it has worked well for me so far until recently. I have been isolating a set number of feeder crickets from the rest and gut loading those 4-6 hours before feeding. In the mean time the rest of the crickets get orange slices and crick food. Lately the crickets haven't been taking the graded sweet potato, carrots, squash or melon and sometimes leaving some of the gry gut load as well. They love any greens I leave but lately that too has been taken lightly. Im not too sure but I see that most people gut load all the crickets they store. What is the proper way of doing this and what will get me the best results?

I just want to learn more ways to handle these things to get the best for my panther any help would be very much appreciated. :)

I feed all my crickets well all the time
but then again I don't store that many crickets for very long either, since I'm using a fairly wide range of prey, and thus crickets don't make it onto the menu all that often.

I use potato and kale. I also drop in a Flukers orange cube with a cottonball soaked with water and then I sprinkle some ZooMed cricket care gutload granules. My crickets are fat little mothers. I dont see much point to giving them other veggies because they are my prisoners and I will eventually sentence them to death by chameleon. Hehe... Seriously though, keep it simple and use one of the vitamin supplements if you have a couple extra bucks to spend, it lasts a long time.

Thank you I will try feeding all for my crickets the same as the ones I gut load and see if this makes a difference in there appetite as I am sure it will with there health. I actually joined the site because I was searching for more info on different forms of gut loading and saw your posts. I want to try some of your recipes soon do you ever sell batches of your dry gut loads or ever considered. I would be interested in that but if not I would love to try replicating them myself. thanks for the tips everyone!

Wow, talk about over thinking it. To each his own, I try to keep it simple and I think that over-complicating it is really unnecessary, but keep on doing it the way you see fit. I have had almost no troubles for years, and I was offering some advice from my non-troubled experience, not advocating state laws.

Back
Top Bottom