Gut loading/ meal worms

Keeping all of your feeder bugs well fed and healthy ensures that they provide more nutrition for your chameleon. Also, do want to say that mealworms aren’t’t good for a staple feeder.
668EC9F1-661D-48A4-A614-CD8CF05E4BF4.jpeg
429D0B91-2E9C-4176-BFDE-D7B4F0841432.jpeg

Keeping all of your feeder bugs well fed and healthy ensures that they provide more nutrition for your chameleon. Also, do want to say that mealworms aren’t’t good for a staple feeder.
View attachment 315543View attachment 315544
IMHO...it's important to feed all the insects well so your chameleon eats healthy food. It's also important to dust all the insects appropriately. After all...don't you want your chameleon to be healthy?
Uh yeah I want him to be healthy lol

I feed him flies and crickets as well but he never really goes for the crickets Caz he’s at the top of the cage all the time, any methods on feeding him crickets

He should hunt for the crickets.

If you put a dish of chopped up greens and veggies in the cage it should gel keep the crickets where they can be seen easily by him and also keep them fed until they are eaten.

Or you can get a feeder run.

Okay I was looking at the feeder you sent me in the link, but I’m so confused on how they work efficiently?
It attaches inside the enclosure with the big open side against the screen. It’s held in place with push pins that go thru the screen from the outside, thru the plastic lip and then there are little caps for the pointy ends of the pins. You put your feeders in the little hole, where they usually stay very well until your chameleon chows down. The hardest part is the period of your chameleon learning that’s where the food is. Once they figure it out though, stuff like this happens. Yes, my male veiled slept in his for a time. Can’t miss out on any food! 😂
76AF2BFE-C3CC-476B-8A85-0BAC302994CD.jpeg 584EB425-B31D-4D45-A1A0-DEC94435DEFB.jpeg 69DAB0DA-0BAB-4B30-B2DE-770616F03434.jpeg

It attaches inside the enclosure with the big open side against the screen. It’s held in place with push pins that go thru the screen from the outside, thru the plastic lip and then there are little caps for the pointy ends of the pins. You put your feeders in the little hole, where they usually stay very well until your chameleon chows down. The hardest part is the period of your chameleon learning that’s where the food is. Once they figure it out though, stuff like this happens. Yes, my male veiled slept in his for a time. Can’t miss out on any food! 😂
View attachment 315601View attachment 315602View attachment 315603
That picture of your Cham literally sitting in the feeder is hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom