Gut Loading Dubias

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
Now that I finally got my Jacksons to feed on dubia, I'm wondering what does everyone gut load them with. I'm familiar with gutloading crickets but do the Dubias eat the same, load their gut like you would a cricket? Below is what I've been using to feed the roaches, is it recommended?

Oranges, baby kale and sweet potatoes. I also use the Bio dudes bug grub... but only because im not out of it yet. I use a grain mix feed every once in awhile. Its a good idea to rotate foods for them like you rotate feeders. I also use water crystals. My colony is in the upper thousands though and just the oranges I put in every day isnt enough...

Keep in mind what ever your dubia eats so does your chameleon. So a strict dry feed with nothing but grains isnt going to cut it. Also anything poisonous for your chameleon to eat, dont feed to your dubias.

Its a great product. But Im trying to not support people making money off others ignorance. Everything he sells you can buy cheaper and make yourself. His grow lights especially are just chinese branded grow lights with his name slapped on it.

Ditto, the Chinese prison camp made grow bulb is useless as it breaks instantly when you screw it in. Bio Dude won't stand by his products he brands and honor a guarentee but he will instead take 10% off if you purchase it again. And I bought his bug grub too which has enough messy pink dye in it to choke a snake :p

Same as folks who raw fed their dogs, no cook!

Not to get off topic, but some of the stuff those raw feeding people say is so ridiculous. I like the idea of feeding raw, but I hate BS that turns people off in order to push agendas. I've heard so many times that if you feed raw cat/dog poop doesnt smell lol...

Ditto, the Chinese prison camp made grow bulb is useless as it breaks instantly when you screw it in. Bio Dude won't stand by his products he brands and honor a guarentee but he will instead take 10% off if you purchase it again. And I bought his bug grub too which has enough messy pink dye in it to choke a snake :p

Similar experience... I got a plant that was half dead so they gave me a coupon.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom