gunky eyes.....

Chameleon Bazaar

Hey everyone,

I noticed my chams eyes had gunk on them the past few days and have been putting drops of solution from the vet and kinda washing the gunk out. when i went to check on him sleeping just now i noticed that hes sleeping with his eyes open. can this be why his eyes are gunky???? if so, has anyone heard/had a cham sleep with his eyes open and have this problem. hes a 4month old ambanja with good health. please let me know if you have advice.

Thanks

I might be wrong but when chams sleep with their eyes open it means they have hard dried out skin around their eyes and cant close them completly

hmm then i dont know sorry i wasnt any help, is the room he is in completly dark? is there any feeders in the cage that could be pestering him and keeping him up?

Hey everyone,

I noticed my chams eyes had gunk on them the past few days and have been putting drops of solution from the vet and kinda washing the gunk out. when i went to check on him sleeping just now i noticed that hes sleeping with his eyes open. can this be why his eyes are gunky???? if so, has anyone heard/had a cham sleep with his eyes open and have this problem. hes a 4month old ambanja with good health. please let me know if you have advice.

Thanks

Please fill this out! We can't help you until you do!

Back when my chameleon's eye infection was more severe, his bad eye was kept half way open as he slept. From pure speculation I figured this was from the gunk that had formed in his eye. He too was able to close it, but the gunk made closing the eye more difficult, thus the reason why it was left open while he slept. When treatment began, he was back to sleeping with his eye shut.

Hey everyone,

I noticed my chams eyes had gunk on them the past few days and have been putting drops of solution from the vet and kinda washing the gunk out. ...
Howdy,

I think CNorton forgot to add the link to his post :eek:: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Although it's in the link above, be sure to post the mfgr, make/model of the UVB light you are using. It could be very important and would explain why the drops aren't clearing-up the problem.

Which vet are you using and which eye drops were prescribed?

Where in SoCal are you located?

Back
Top Bottom