gular edema?

arnau666

Established Member
well i guess he has gular edema. what do you think ?
i am not sure that his swollen eye is related with the gular edema .but as ferret said it could cause it.
or he could have infection + gular edema... damn this sucks.
:(

How does that section feel when you touch it?

Regardless of what anyone has to say the only way to really know is to obviously go to a herp vet and have him examined

Olivia - I agree completely but unfortunately arnau doesn't have that option where he lives. I agree it appears to be some gular edema. It is mild though. Sometimes mild gular edema will actually be due to a respiratory infection because in that area of the throat there is a small pouch off the lungs that protrudes into the gular area. It is less likely and isn't seen really often, but it's possible, especially with the combination of some eye issues. Although my guys with gular edema will some times have extremely swollen turrets due to fluid fluctuation with the edema, especially if they sleep with their head same level or a little lower than the rest of the body.

when i touch that section it feels that it has liquid in it .
Like Ferret said i do not have that optin in my country.
I will see how he responds to the antibiotcs .i changed the gutloading, the suplement,more sunlight, more misting etc.
I hope he will be better .
Thank you again Ferret for your amazing help .

today he started missing with his tongue , like he isnt reaching the right amount of distance to the food.
he striked 5 times after he hit it properly....argh !
its like he doesnt apreciated the distance anymore...and he is walking a little clumsy

Last edited:
today he started missing with his tongue , like he isnt reaching the right amount of distance to the food.
he striked 5 times after he hit it properly....argh !
its like he doesnt apreciated the distance anymore...and he is walking a little clumsy

This is just a thought- I do not know for sure but the eye swelling could be causing him to shoot incorrectly at food, as well with walking funny.
When you say clumsy do you mean his grip is poor? Or is it more like his equilibrium is off?

Also I apologize I did not realize you do not have the option of a vet. However we do have many people on here who know what they are doing and of course they will do their best to help you in any situation.

his grip is strong as hell ,the problem si the equilibrium.
i will do my best to improve his problem and i hope that he will recover :(

Back
Top Bottom