Growth?

Drkgreeneyez

Yesterday I picked up a 3yr old veiled chameleon who I was told after arriving just noticed a growrh between his eyes and another above his right eye. Ive done some research about cyst and maybe a gland blocked for the eye. The one between his eyes is hard and the other is soft. Im a vet tech and an exotic vet is booked. I know its not an emergency. He eats, drinks, and is in shed. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20211127_204502.jpg
    20211127_204502.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20211127_204610.jpg
    20211127_204610.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 58
  • 20211127_204536.jpg
    20211127_204536.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 58
This poor dude. Thanks for taking care of him. I suppose with a sinus infection that might impact how his casque looks as well, but given his size and shape he seems like he might be obese, which is hard on their organs. How's his grip? Was he asleep when you took these pictures? Let us know if you'd like a full husbandry review.

I’m not an expert but his casque doesn’t look that bad as far as puffiness goes so maybe if it’s a sinus infection then that may be why his casque is puffy. Just a thought but can you do a sinus rinse on a Cham? If so, that might help if it’s possibly a sinus infection until you can get him into the vet? The hard lump in between his eyes, can that possibly layers of stuck shed? Poor guy! Thank you for taking him in!

The one between the eyes looks like an infection for sure. Almost looks like it has an opening on the top as well. You will want a reptile vet if it is an abscess they will need to clean it and put him on antibiotics. Per the eyes... Could very well be infection with what he has going on between the eyes but also could be a supplementation issue. Do you know what supplements they had him on?

Back
Top Bottom