Growing issues 🤔

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hey everyone! I hatched a panther on Feb 11th so he's now 3 months old, but his size is a little concerning.. I've cultured all of his food so I don't think it's due to parasites, any thoughts on why he's not growing as he should?
IMG_20220512_130028.jpg
IMG-20220506-WA0058.jpg

I had one Chamaeleo Chamaeleon hatchling grow very slow. It lived for over a year but never got anywhere near full size. Made me wonder if there could be a form of dwarfism in chameleons or if it was a nutrient issue.
He has a deformation on his tail already, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a genetic problem.. I'll keep you posted!

He has a deformation on his tail already, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a genetic problem.. I'll keep you posted!
Was the egg in a hotter part of the incubator...or were all the eggs for sure incubated at the same temperatures? Back normal/straight?

How long did you have him for and when was he laid? Mostly just asking because I got one myself and have been setting up a cage and still have a few months left to wait. I got an egg that was a little older and realized that was probably not the wisest thing, even though the egg wasn't wise in the first place.

He’s really cute! Do you know how much he weighs?
Hey, sorry for the delay, I always got home from work too late to weight him.

I just did but my scale is not reading correctly (different numbers with the same deli cup and sometimes negative numbers)

I tried numerous times and I think the correct weight is around 1.58 grams (again, might be wrong, but it's the only number I trust out of the ones I got) I grew up with in Europe so I'm pretty confident with how much 1 gram weights, seems close enough to me.

Back
Top Bottom