Grow lights for plants?

I was just wondering if there was a light I could buy to help my plants grow. if so, what is the name of the light and where can i get it.

Yep the tropical blaze fixtures are the best. I use and recommend the double fixtures for all our cages. They provide some of the best artificial light possible for both your chameleon and plants!

LightYourReptiles.com seems like the "go to". An alternative is aquatraders.com. I have their quad fixture with 2 6500k day bulbs, 1 plant bulb as well as a UVB bulb purchased elsewhere.

The way i do it is. I buy a 4 bulb t5 fixture to the width of your enclosure. Put the uvb bulb in the one of your choosing and use 6500k grow bulbs in the rest. Cheap ,easy,and will grow any of your typical cham plants. I buy mine from an online hydroponics store usually you will find one running a bargain and the 6500k bulbs will usually come with it. Way cheaper than any reptile specific brands. The only plant i haven't tried yet is hibiscus if any one had success let me no. I want to try but 20 on a test plant is money that could be spent on 2 gigantic pothos!

Yep the tropical blaze fixtures are the best. I use and recommend the double fixtures for all our cages. They provide some of the best artificial light possible for both your chameleon and plants!

This! I highly recommend it. I got the quad fixture and love it.

My chameleon loves the light! He always is out enjoying the rays or basking under the heat lamp. The only time he really hides is at night. All my chams display fantastic colors on 6500k bulbs.

What exactly are some of the best plants you can grow with these lights? can you do sensitive plants that are normally outdoor plants since your giving them the correct uv lights? i want to grow some flowers and was wondering what uve had luck with

What exactly are some of the best plants you can grow with these lights? can you do sensitive plants that are normally outdoor plants since your giving them the correct uv lights? i want to grow some flowers and was wondering what uve had luck with
The plants I've had the best luck with are potho, umbrella,ficus,and bromeliads. If you go with a 4 bulb setup with t5 ho you might be able to keep an hibiscus alive though I never tried it yet so I'm just guessing.

Can u just use a grow light as your heat light? I have 5.0 uvb and was interested in putting a grow light in but dont wanna overheat my poor jax

My plants just dont live long enough

Attachments

• 1437184038640.jpg
    1437184038640.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 173
I'm planning on getting 2 24x24x48 screen cages and was wondering which lighting would be best. i plan on having all live plants. I really like the tropical blaze fixtures but don't know which one would be best for my situation, any suggestions would be great! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom