Grow Lights for Cham

Hello there!
I know this is an already discussed topic, but I still wanted to know if it was safe for my Cham to have 3 different lights (basking, UVB, grow light). Since I’m planning on adding more plants, like an umbrella plant, I was wondering if it would’ve been ok for my boy to have 3 different lights.
if it’s ok, lmk in some recommendations y’all have for plants 😭

thank you!

Yes you can have a incandescent heat bulb (old school bulbs), a T5 HO UVB bulb, & a LED plant light of some sort (those can differ).

As far as plants , Pothos would be a highly recommended plant . Crotons do well at the bottom . I'm using a braided Ficus Tree for my centerpiece

Yes it is okay to have a uvb, a grow light, and a basking light however watch your temps! I had to turn off the basking and plant lights today and only leave on the uvb because temps got way too hot!

Hello there!
I know this is an already discussed topic, but I still wanted to know if it was safe for my Cham to have 3 different lights (basking, UVB, grow light). Since I’m planning on adding more plants, like an umbrella plant, I was wondering if it would’ve been ok for my boy to have 3 different lights.
if it’s ok, lmk in some recommendations y’all have for plants 😭

thank you!
Not only is it safe, IME/O separate lighting is the best way to do it.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/help.182707/#post-1667323

Yup I use all arcadia reptile lights basking, uvb, plant rather than plant lights that have been designed for plants by a non reptile source

Back
Top Bottom