Grow light LEDs and Chameleons

No they are not lol.

There is no light, period that is full spectrum.

It's

A. Not possible to do with just 1 type of light.

B. Not a good idea, as some spectrums are dangerous.

Just because a light produces UVB, doesn't make it full spectrum. Which is what those LCE (which are basically Metal Halides btw) do.

They do not produce, X-rays, they Do not produce, Microwaves, they do not produce UVC, those are all a part of the spectrum.

You can see their spectrum here.
https://www.growweedeasy.com/lec-grow-lights-ceramic-metal-halide-cmh, and it is the full visible spectrum, as well as some dips into UVB and Infared. However there is still spectrum, on either sides of that, that are not produced.

We cannot, we have not, reproduced the entire spectrum of the sun. And the only way you ever could, would be many different types of lights.
Oh my bad i just thought they were. :) thanks for info

I think @cyberlocc mentioned it but flourescent bulbs flicker too. Not sure if they all do but I think so. You can see it if you take a slowmo video of something under fluorescent lighting. You can see it in the video below once the slowmo kicks in...

Oh my bad i just thought they were. :) thanks for info

I mean they are full usuable spectrum :) that's why they say that. At least the full usuable spectrum that we know of.

Reptiles do use Infrared and UVb, they may use and need X-rays, I have no idea. It is a curious thing to know though.

Back
Top Bottom