Grow Light - distance and safety

TwiceVeiled

Avid Member
Hello everyone!

I have been searching the forums regarding grow lights as I bought a larger umbrella plant today for an enclosure upgrade and also this grow light:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/fe...spectrum-led-plant-grow-light-bulb/1001102344

My two questions are these:
1. Is this light safe for our veiled chameleon?
2. What distance should it be from where the cham would typically be? The plant is quite dense but it does reach very close to the top of the enclosure (but I highly doubt our cham will spend much time there...) - Sorry I can't offer a picture - I'm not where the enclosure is...

Thanks if you can offer any advice - I could always take the light back if it's not suitable.

Thank you!

I’m not very knowledgeable about lights as many, but I think it should be ok. I have my 70w grow lights sitting on top of my enclosures with no problems.

Why not go with a fI'll spectrum bulb instead of one with such a heavy red tint? Many have been successful with lighting in the 5000-6500k range.
It will also show your animal''s colors better.

Why not go with a fI'll spectrum bulb instead of one with such a heavy red tint? Many have been successful with lighting in the 5000-6500k range.
It will also show your animal''s colors better.
Thanks for the input:) I would prefer a whiter light too (it's not too tinted) but I wanted to get something right away (due to the new plant) and the choices were limited. I will test this and see how it goes. The rest of my lighting is quite bright so I'm hoping for the best. I will keep my eyes open for something better too.

8F25672E-BEB8-432D-994C-C88903F9B29C.jpeg

This is the present set up. So far she seems to like it:) Do you think the grow light is too close? Can she get burned? It is low heat LED so no heat danger. Thanks for advising!

Back
Top Bottom