grow light/basking

erik775

Established Member
ok so i have a grow light on the to of my cage for my ficus to grow good and not fall apart and its working really good...but ever sinse i put it in my cham rather chill under the grow light rather than his basking light before i put the grow light in my cham would bask normaly in his basking spot but no i noticed that he likes to hang out under the grow light cause the grow light gives off some heat...is this ok???i wanna keep the grow light up there so my ficus can grow...

how old is your cham,,,and you do still have a uvb light in there right??
do you have thermometers to check your temps??

Yup still have the uvb up there...he's about 5 months almost yeah i have something to measure temperatures ...but i haven measured under the grow light yet...:rolleyes:...ill do that today his basking spot is about 90...

isnt bad for him, its just brighter and they can sense light vs dark so unless they are ready to go sleep for the night they will naturally goto the light. light means warmth in nature.
They will not give off much light as t8's so maybe he is just in the comfort zone also temp wise for him right around 80 low 80s under those lights. 90 is kind of high for a month old isnt it?

thats also what i was thinking 90s is a bit too high but the kammers told me to have him between 90 and 100 but i think thats too high...but im not sure...

Back
Top Bottom