Grow light 9w

I’m not as knowledgeable about lights as many others, however I don’t think 9w will be able to keep much alive and well. I use these and they are strong enough to keep even light hungry hibiscus alive and growing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was just going to say something very similar. While you can get a 15W LED from Sansi for around $10 (they have lots of deals right now) I wouldn't want to go less than a couple of 36W floods, and if one is going to go that far, I'd invest in the 70W square pad (Deal coming up tomorrow).

I was just going to say something very similar. While you can get a 15W LED from Sansi for around $10 (they have lots of deals right now) I wouldn't want to go less than a couple of 36W floods, and if one is going to go that far, I'd invest in the 70W square pad (Deal coming up tomorrow).
Thanks !!! I went with the 70W square pad. Only $38.99 free shipping. On amazon there was a coupon but it was still coming out to about $60!

looking forward to trying it out :)

I picked up a Bioluz LED A19Grow light for the plant in my veiled chameleons cage. Once I got it and plugged it in I was more worried about the light ring making him blind. Him having turret eyes I figured he would just go cross eyed staring at the light. I don't feel this would burden my Eastern Basilisks since they have eyes similar to people. Any thoughts? The bulb is softwhite 3k range 9watts. I want to keep the plant alive and not harm his eyes in the process. Oh the light is full spectrum.

I have arcadia led bar . Now a lot recommend a Sansi which I don't have .so with a plant light penartive light is important but also a light that doesn't mess with temps

I have arcadia led bar . Now a lot recommend a Sansi which I don't have .so with a plant light penartive light is important but also a light that doesn't mess with temps

The Boiluz light doesn't generate much if any heat. I have it going in my Basilisk setup right now. Still waiting to make sure he won't go blind looking up at it. I noticed it had a ring of LEDs that pumped out the light and that had me stop and not put it on my Veiled just yet.

Yeah they are super bright 🌞 just saying that all lights are not equal. Arcadia lights ate focused on plants but also around reptiles where as someone could buy plant lights ( not from a reptile company or a reptile perspective, ) to force temps up . I have never heard or know your light brand .

I picked up a Bioluz LED A19Grow light for the plant in my veiled chameleons cage. Once I got it and plugged it in I was more worried about the light ring making him blind. Him having turret eyes I figured he would just go cross eyed staring at the light. I don't feel this would burden my Eastern Basilisks since they have eyes similar to people. Any thoughts? The bulb is softwhite 3k range 9watts. I want to keep the plant alive and not harm his eyes in the process. Oh the light is full spectrum.

"Full-spectrum" has become a marketing weasel word.
"Full-spectrum" is not a technical term when applied to an electrical light bulb. Rather, it implies that the product emulates some important quality of natural light.[1]

Products marketed as "full-spectrum" may produce light throughout the entire visible spectrum, but without producing an even spectral distribution. Some may not differ substantially from lights not marketed as "full-spectrum".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-spectrum_light

3K is a temp commonly used by... erm... "growers," for higher yield—which may not necessarily be the best temperature for chameleon enclosures. I think most here might recommend something in the 6K+ range (usually 64K-65K) which promotes more (daytime) foliage growth.

Regardless, 9W grow lights are what's typically used for single plants on a desktop rather than multiple plants in an enclosure/vivarium.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=best+plant+lights++site:www.chameleonforums.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom