greyish brown!?

Kittiekins

So as you all probably know by now, when I went to go get little Loco, my friend was there and she got her sister Pascal.
Well! After a few bumps in the road and learning along the way Loco is growing up to be a pleasure and her grip has gotten 2000xs better thanks to you guys! She is so much happier now! I really can't say thank you enough for showing me the right way!!!.:D

Well today, my friend is out of town so I went to go see Locos sister, and it's been a while since I had last seen her, and boy was I worried!!!
But I don't know what caused this. So I thought maybe you could help me once again try to figure this out.

Apparently she is normally like this. I've heard of brown veilds before, but I just don't know... cause when we got them, they were both a very nice soft green.
Her temps are normal, she eats VERY well, she is in a large screen cage in a minimal traffic area. What could cause this? She will be a year in august (same as loco). Was this a faze she never got out of? Also would you guys consider her small??? Loco is about the same size but they both eat about 10-15crickets every morning. We both feel they are very small, but we have never had someone we can compare with since both our babies are from the same shady breeder.

Attachments

• 20140524_163757.jpg
    20140524_163757.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 188
Any one? I went by to check on her again today and she had a slight hint of green to her but still that dull, grey/brown.... Does anyone have any ideas what is doing this?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Please fill this out so everyone can get a better idea of the situation. There could be a bunch of reasons why she is this color. Also, pictures of her enclosure and full body shots of her are also helpful!

It's my friends, not mine.So I'll do my best on what I know.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, Roughly a year old in august.
How long has it been in your care? about 9 Months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Unknown
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets
What amount? About 10-15
What is the schedule? No set schedule.
How are you gut-loading your feeders? I believe she uses those orange cubes from petsmart.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? She has a multi vit and a 3 vit, Fluckers I think.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Dripper and misting How often and how long to you mist? 3x a day, unknown on how long.
Do you see your chameleon drinking? no.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. from her last poop I saw it was soild BUT VERY yellow/orangeish. ( I know this means shes dehydrated and I've told her before.)
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? no.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. N/A Bought from what is now seeming like a very shady breeder.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage. Large screen.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? uvb/uva and a heat emitter, unknown on volt.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? No temp gauge but feels like mid 70s maybe.
Lowest overnight temp? Unknown.
How do you measure these temps? Her gauge broke, I'm just guesstimating.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? not very good...
How are you creating and maintaining these levels? misting
What do you use to measure humidity? nothing.
Plants - Are you using live plants? yes.
If so, what kind? A type of vine
Placement - Where is your cage located? her room.
Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? Low traffic, no air vents and no fans.
At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? maybe about 5ft.... She is on a stand.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Cali

Current Problem - She's not drinking and she is almost so gray/brown she always looks black! I don't understand whats going on with my friends cham and it worries me

Hey Kittiekins. :) Half of the information isn't provided so it's really hard to tell exactly what is going on. Your friend needs to invest in something that measures the humidity and the temperature for starters. Those are very important as you know.

Also, the supplementation could be off.. do you know if she is dusting feeders w/ calcium w/out D3 at almost every feeding? How often is she giving the multi-vitamin and calcium w/ D3?

Does she have a laying bin in her cage?

Being a chameleon owner yourself, you know that her set up just isn't up to par right now. There could be many different things going on with her...

Is there any way for you to get another pic ( full body if possible ) of her?

Your friend should really take some time and browse on the forum to read about these things to include gut-loading and feeder variety. Just my two cents. I hope that she's okay.

Hey Kittiekins. :) Half of the information isn't provided so it's really hard to tell exactly what is going on. Your friend needs to invest in something that measures the humidity and the temperature for starters. Those are very important as you know.

Also, the supplementation could be off.. do you know if she is dusting feeders w/ calcium w/out D3 at almost every feeding? How often is she giving the multi-vitamin and calcium w/ D3?

Does she have a laying bin in her cage?

Being a chameleon owner yourself, you know that her set up just isn't up to par right now. There could be many different things going on with her...

Is there any way for you to get another pic ( full body if possible ) of her?

Your friend should really take some time and browse on the forum to read about these things to include gut-loading and feeder variety. Just my two cents. I hope that she's okay.

I know she dusts them on and off at random feeding times. not every time though. I can try to get a picture of her full body and set up tomorrow, and no she doesn't have a laying bin. I don't think it has crossed her mind that she is old enough for that. There have been a few things I've called them out on right then and there, but nothing that could cause that. I don't even know what would do something like this!

Back
Top Bottom