Greetings!

Yso

Well well well, hello everyone! After a couple of days of ever increasing roaming on this splendid forum and site, I have finally let the Chameleon Spirits pull me in and join the Reptilehood! I am pleased to introduce myself and eager to participate, or, more realistically, watch and learn :rolleyes:

As a short introduction, I am a pan-european multinational currently in one of my home countries, France, and during daytime I slowly march towards the depth of chemistry laboratories - yes, chemists can be (and more often than most professions, are) nature lovers! :D
Well anyway, I am quite a beginner with chameleons, my only experience so far has been a Ch. senegalensis inherited from a then schoolmate, the poor thing did only last 3 months and a half before flying off to the chameleon-valhalla. It turned out to be a captured specimen, diagnosed of massive parasitosis and gastro-intestinal infection resulting thereof (yeah, sometimes the science-talk comes back, but my meds are not too far away:cool:)

This bad experience - though some cham fans here in town told me that for this particular species, 3 months with such a diagnosis was almost a record, if a sad one - sent me away from the chameleon frenzy for a while, but I couldn't just abandon the idea. I've been documenting, reading, studying the theories and experiences of others for about a year now, and I am about to restart the experience, but with the right background - and now the right forums in bookmarks :)

As far as the other sauria are concerned, I've had a successful 3 years of practice with a pair of Pseudemys nelsonii (but their latin name is more volatile and changing than most of the chemicals I deal with daily); a funny buddy impersonated - imtortulated? - by a Kinosternon baurii; and two junkies, Phelsuma nigristriata (I just call them the potheads, as they have days of chilling on a half-eaten banana-mash, and days of hyperactive dancing...whatever, I may be as crazy as they are, probably more so).

And I take pleasure in concieving terraria, currently the only living things allowed outside of my bedroom (a sister as a roommate is not always easy) are a multitude of platys and watersnails in a jungle-ish paludarium.
And thank the turtle-filled heavens for the three submariners, as I call them, for those platys are more prolific than Chris Tucker in a fast-talking contest! Yet the kinosternon looooves the orange ones, hehe..

And here I will end my greetings and presentation, as you may want to see other parts of the forum as well - if you've read so far :D

I hope I'll be of some use, mostly in terrarium technologies as my chameleon knowledge is mainly theoretical :) Most of all I hope to spend good times here on the forum, as I have seen so far, there is no risk that it will be otherwise ;)

As it is a custom in Paris, kisses to the Ladies, and handshakes to the Gents.

Your humble and mad servitor,

Welcome to the forums from Chicago!!

Just moved here to Chicago from Germany about a year ago and Istanbul a couple years before that. I have been to Paris a few times and now I am jealous thinking about it. :( What a cool city it is.

Thank you all, after 3 days of presence - say 3 hours an evening (Paris is not all good on workday evenings, or when bills arrive:eek::eek:) I am still overwhelmed by the quantity of information :) my 10 year old cousin considers me, of twelve years only his elder, as too old for the internet, he might have been right after all... ;)

Well, no humidity issues in terraria here, that's for sure ;)

If by chance anyone comes to Paris, feel free to contact me if you need tips and hints, notably on herp locations and cheap ethnic food :)

Back
Top Bottom