Great another problem...

TiffanyMariexo

So habanero has worms... He took an odd late night pooped and it was full of these crawling little maggot looking things !!! Now what ?!

Vet time. I guess its a lesson on buying a wc oustie without getting him checked asap. 90% of the time they will have some parasite if they are wc.

Vet time. I guess its a lesson on buying a wc oustie without getting him checked asap. 90% of the time they will have some parasite if they are wc.

Any cham can have parasites regardless if wc or cbb. An older wc just may have more of them. If this cham wasn't tested several times at the right point in the parasite life cycle it could go undetected. Take a fresh fecal to the vet. Just about any vet can identify what type and give you the proper med for it.

It couldn't be contagious to my other chams could it?

May be. Parasites are passed to cham to cham through contact with fecal matter. If you breed a cham with a parasite it can be passed to the other cham ...like a cham std.

Its best to quarantine the cham in question until you can get it checked out. Don't share habitats or free ranges in the mean time.

Back
Top Bottom