Gravity Drain Fixture Options

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
I find myself in search of gravity drain fixture options for a PVC drain pan. Not being familiar with MistKing-style (irrigation?) plumbing, I'm at a bit of a loss. MistKing has a couple of drain connection options, both requiring rather large (1⅛" & 1½") holes. The sidewall of the drain pan is only 1" high, so either of those would blow right through and destroy the structural integrity of the pan!

I tried browsing Amazon, but I really don't need to buy 10 of something at a tie, or 50' of tubing.

What are folks using for this? With links please! ?

THX

Alternatively, I think I can get ½" PVC pipe & elbow. Anyone done that?

Hey this is what I had followed for mine. https://dragonstrand.com/a-simple-gravity-drain-for-dragon-strand-drainage-trays/

BUT I ended up cutting them off and sealing them because they would stop flowing. Also the pan did not drain until the water level was higher then the gravity drain. This would then leave water still sitting in the bottom. I really think if you can install one in the bottom like I have seen others do it would flow much better and then would not back up either.

I have no way to do that with my current set up though. I am back to using a wet vac every few days. Which for me is not a very big deal because I have nothing sitting on the bottom screen panel.

Hey this is what I had followed for mine. https://dragonstrand.com/a-simple-gravity-drain-for-dragon-strand-drainage-trays/
I really think if you can install one in the bottom like I have seen others do it would flow much better and then would not back up either.
I read that article several times; link to the part was gone/expired, so it wasn't really much help.

Bottom is not an option without drilling a huge hole through the table—not going to happen. I plan to go through the side and pitch the whole shebang slightly—putting shims under two of the table legs.

I read that article several times; link to the part was gone/expired, so it wasn't really much help.

Bottom is not an option without drilling a huge hole through the table—not going to happen. I plan to go through the side and pitch the whole shebang slightly—putting shims under two of the table legs.
Yes, Shims is a very good idea. I got them under one of the enclosures but not the other. The other fun thing.... The way the drain comes out and turns. It has to hang off the table. I almost snapped one of mine off when I had to shift the table to get behind. Makes me wish I had all mine on the metal rolling racks lol.

Back
Top Bottom