Gravid?

bjohnsey

I got this wild caught female straight from madagascar a couple weeks ago, and was hoping she would lighten up but she has not lost her dark coloration... is it possible that she is gravid? She is only 30 grams, and was shipped as a breeding pair with the male she was caught with. I seperated them as soon as i recieved them, but i am wondering if she was possibly bred before she was delivered.

Attachments

• SAM_0153.jpg
    SAM_0153.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 161
More than likely no..but i would prepare her with a laying bin anyway juuust in case. Might lay some infertile eggs:)

A WC female could possibly be gravid. Laying bin is very necessary. Observe her closely, make sure she is being supplemented properly and well hydrated.

Knowing she is a WC and judging by her coloration, she is either gravid or just laid some eggs.
You can gently palpate her abdomin and feel for eggs. You are looking to feel something that feels like a string of pearls.

Get ready for some eggs - she has either laid them or will soon lay. If she laid before capture she may drop another clutch on retained sperm. In the wild 30 grams and receptive is game.

I am not sure if it makes a difference but when she is sleeping she lightens up to a dark peach like color but as soon as the basking light comes on she turns dark purple again

Back
Top Bottom