Gravid??

Larissa132

Is she gravid or just showing off these beautiful colors?? First time ever I've seen any of them. Lay bin has always been in the cage, sheet has also always been wrapped around the bottom part so everything's ready, besides myself🤣
20211203_095635.jpg

Attachments

• 20211202_154545.jpg
    20211202_154545.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211202_153253.jpg
    20211202_153253.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211129_122845.jpg
    20211129_122845.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20211203_095537.jpg
    20211203_095537.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 47
WOW! What a beauty.. I will let others comment on the question..
Her colors don't look familiar to me. I do enjoy seeking bands in the females which sometime is uncommon.

I'd say she is most likely showing receptive colors.

Another thing to add is I suggest taking out any plastic plants you have. Your veiled could eat it and get impacted. Which is life threatening.
I'm aware, I'm just letting my pothos grow out a big to give her more hiding places. I've had her for 4 months now and she's never eaten a plant, I watch her all the time but they will be coming out soon!! Thank you

JMHO-- Not all Veileds will nibble on plants.

When they are babies they do it more but as juvies and adults they test/taste more than eating.
My pothos has bits removed but never whole leaf. I am sure others have different experiences, this is just mine. :)
Currently i have 2 that will nip on pothos but only 1 will eat baby leaves from citrus (orange - not sure of sub or if clone- seedless and yummy) and Ficus (light green baby). Will not eat or nibble on adult leaves.. Not sure why since they don't speak.. haahaa
There are suggested plants (which I am sure you have seen) and I know pothos and ficus do secret a milky substance which might not taste good. Never tried. (y)

There are other members that might know scientifically more about the plants than me..
I don't comment on gravidity since there are so many different factors and chameleons (especially Veileds) are very moody.. My favs No 2 alike.

I have no experience of veileds personally but think they go dark sometimes black with beautiful blue & yellow spots. Maybe only black when warning a males advances off. But the blue & yellow markings for gravidity, as previously said she might be receptive 😁

I have no experience of veileds personally but think they go dark sometimes black with beautiful blue & yellow spots. Maybe only black when warning a males advances off. But the blue & yellow spots, as previously said she might be receptive 😁
Whats receptive?? I've only ever had a male before so I'm definitely new to all this.

How much do you feed her in a week? Please be specific.
What is the basking temperature.
She sits at 80 for basking, nothing over or her heat light goes off for a bit!! I feed her 5-6 lg crickets 3 times a week so every other day and than I throw in a bowl of kale and chopped carrots once sometimes twice a week with 1-2 wax worms! Also switch between dubias and crickets every other week!

With that amount of feeding, she will likely produce a larger clutch than I like to see them produce...but now is not the time to cut her back a lot.
What am I doing wrong?? I thought that was around the right amount! From here out, what should I feed and than after laying, what should I feed?

Back
Top Bottom