gravid veiled NOT sleeping, is this normal?

TIFF! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! lol actually, where have i been? feels like i havent seen your joy around for a while :) thank you for the great comment, and hope all is going well with your your Amy & Tommy, and the cresties :D. forgive me if i forgot any one :(
I've been here all the time!! :D Just not so often - I have several other forums that I visit too, but I am on here at least once a day - it's kind of addictive and I have to know what's going on with everyone!!:eek: No you didn't forget anyone, and yes they are all doing great, thanks!

Phil, you might want to buy a cheap journal and take a page from Tiff's book, start noting down these kinds of things, dates, observations etc.
Personal data may prove invaluable later on if there is complication or confusion, having a record of your lizards habits may shed some light.
recording dates can be very handy, along with feeding habits etc.
Personally I think everyone would benefit from the practice.
Sometimes nature can be obscure and not make sense until you look back and begin to see a pattern. The more data you record, the more useful it will be.
Might be an idea with your geckos aswell.
Just a thought. :)
I have diary sheets for all my reptiles that I fill in daily. Any odd behaviour or colour pattern may prove significant in the future if they exhibit thoes again! Whether it is to help with your own chams or someone elses, it's a great thing to look back on. If I hadn't kept such records, I wouldn't have realised that my girls have 'off days' 3 to 4 weeks before they lay their infertiles. I first noted it with Lily and sure enough Amy exhibits the same signs at exactly the same time!

i will set my self up with some notebooks today and start keeping track of things like this. thank you tiff for an elaboration of the whole journal thing. and thank you jo for bringing it up. see tiff you did help! :)

I make a note of everything - from how much of what feeder they eat, whether they drink, what the poop and urates are like, etc etc.

Kiwi is such the lovely lady.....still showing her blues. Camille always shows the same blue colors right up till she lays then she's dark after she lays but she has never stayed up at night before.

I make a note of everything - from how much of what feeder they eat, whether they drink, what the poop and urates are like, etc etc.
getting that technical is not in the question for me tiff, i cannot go as far as if they drank and such like that, but feeding and fecal descriptions, crucial info i can keep up. im just not home enough to record the drinking and stuff like that. but her urates are always snow white.
ive never had a dehydration problem with kiwi

Kiwi is such the lovely lady.....still showing her blues. Camille always shows the same blue colors right up till she lays then she's dark after she lays but she has never stayed up at night before.

thank you jann! yes kiwi is still showing the blues, which is why kara may have thought she was only receptive. but she is staying darker for the most part. the high yellows on the dark green/black skin havent came yet. but high yellow blotches do show from time to time. she may have just been a little uncomfortable last night, as she has never stayed up before. she wasnt adventuring so i know she isnt close to being ready to laying yet. its only been about 2 weeks. but i have set up her laying conditions. 3 gallon paint bucket, 3/4 filled with washed play sand, surrounded with fake plants around the bin.

im heading out right now but ill post pics of the laying site tonight

Back
Top Bottom