gravid time frame?

Marc10edora

Avid Member
I still beleive my cham is around the early stages of being gravid. She has been pacing the bottom and she looks huge. I placed a bucket of super soil in her cage, but she has been ignoring it. Tommorow I'm gonna place another container with play sand and maybe plant a little plant in it too as a laying site. My question is, what is the time frame I have for her to lay eggs? Or better put, how long does a cham hold her eggs before they are ready to lay them in the soil? I want to know this so that I'll know when she is too far along and in trouble.

It varies from chameleon to chameleon....but if she retains them past the point that her body is telling her to lay them, she will likely become eggbound. I don't know of any way to tell for sure when that day is.

Signs of eggbinding include but are not limited to...closed eyes all or most of the time, won't eat or drink, sleeps on the ground or lower branches in her enclosure, tends to breath with her mouth open, weak, lethargic.

Signs of eggbinding include but are not limited to...closed eyes all or most of the time, won't eat or drink, sleeps on the ground or lower branches in her enclosure, tends to breath with her mouth open, weak, lethargic.

So, I'll keep a look out for those signs. That way if worst comes to worst I can rush her to the vet. How much do you think the vet bill will be in order to get the eggs out of her? That way I can save some cash in case of an emergency.

I have no idea how much it will cost...it varies from vet to vet and country to country.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom