Gravid Jacksonii

MeruJack

Avid Member
This is my female T.j. jacksonii. I have only had her for 16 days and she looks VERY gravid to me. I snapped this picture of her tonight just as she was settling in for the night. Anyone here familiar with gravid Jacksons that can tell me how long you think it will be before she gives birth? Thanks!
Gravid Goes to Sleep.JPG

If she is like our common Jackson's she will begin to bask most of the day & be less active than normal for about a week.
I won't claim to be an expert, but she certainly looks close to delivery. At any rate enjoy your young ones, they are so fun to watch grow.

If she is like our common Jackson's she will begin to bask most of the day & be less active than normal for about a week.
I won't claim to be an expert, but she certainly looks close to delivery. At any rate enjoy your young ones, they are so fun to watch grow.

Have you (or anyone else) successfully raised a litter of Jacksons babies? If so, can you give me some pointers such as type of enclosure, furnishings, lighting, feeding, etc.? I want to grow a healthy bunch of babies. Thanks!!

Have you (or anyone else) successfully raised a litter of Jacksons babies? If so, can you give me some pointers such as type of enclosure, furnishings, lighting, feeding, etc.? I want to grow a healthy bunch of babies. Thanks!!
Our first Jackson female came to us gravid, and we were hoping that was the case because she started to look so heavy and became inactive. We had her for about 3 months. One morning we saw what we thought was a cricket under the basking light. It was a neonate, it had crawled on the screen to the light. Looking around, we found 7 more. We moved them to a small cage where it would be easy for them to find their food. I put a producing jar of flightless fruit flies in the cage. They all lived in a small ficus. I am not sure if that would be what others would recommend, but they learned quickly to go to the jar. Some mornings they would all be on the rim, or in the jar. I replaced the jar a couple of times. They also went through a few thousand pinhead crickets, tossed in a couple of times a day. They grow at a pretty steady pace. Not what you would call fast, but a noticeable rate. She mated a few weeks later and we were told to expect she would have more babies in a few months, but it was almost a year. Hope that gives you something helpful. I know you will have fun.

Our first Jackson female came to us gravid, and we were hoping that was the case because she started to look so heavy and became inactive. We had her for about 3 months. One morning we saw what we thought was a cricket under the basking light. It was a neonate, it had crawled on the screen to the light. Looking around, we found 7 more. We moved them to a small cage where it would be easy for them to find their food. I put a producing jar of flightless fruit flies in the cage. They all lived in a small ficus. I am not sure if that would be what others would recommend, but they learned quickly to go to the jar. Some mornings they would all be on the rim, or in the jar. I replaced the jar a couple of times. They also went through a few thousand pinhead crickets, tossed in a couple of times a day. They grow at a pretty steady pace. Not what you would call fast, but a noticeable rate. She mated a few weeks later and we were told to expect she would have more babies in a few months, but it was almost a year. Hope that gives you something helpful. I know you will have fun.

Thanks!

talk to him, he have a acount here too

Love the video! Overtime, I have watched it more than once but let's be realistic, this set up -- while commendable -- is simply not plausible for the typical chameleon hobbyist especially when babies show up unannounced as they often do when it comes to montane species such as Jackson's. For the full time breeder, this guy's set up is the bomb! For us hobbyist, I have thus far found the advise of Chris Anderson and Lovereps to be more doable and just as promising. Thanks.

Love the video! Overtime, I have watched it more than once but let's be realistic, this set up -- while commendable -- is simply not plausible for the typical chameleon hobbyist especially when babies show up unannounced as they often do when it comes to montane species such as Jackson's. For the full time breeder, this guy's set up is the bomb! For us hobbyist, I have thus far found the advise of Chris Anderson and Lovereps to be more doable and just as promising. Thanks.
I was thinking more of asking him about the housbandry of the babies.

aldue he has videos about making your oen enclosures so you can save a penny, check those out too.

Back
Top Bottom