gravid? hopefully

clarkjones000

So..... I mated my one year old male with my year and half female for the first time last night... And today when I woke up I introduced them again and she flared up like this. As as I can tell This mean gravid? Hopefully :)
But can she really become gravid that fast and on the first try?
Thanks for any input!

If she is inseminated her coloration will usually be the best indicator, a typical inseminated or gravid female will display a very dark almost black or dark brown background with nice yellow and green, sometimes light blue spotting, the coloration doesn't always stay through out her pregnancy. And if the color doesn't stay, we have noticed, but not always, she will show the coloration in the presence of a male as a communicator to him she is already cooking.

Well I posted in breeding, but Ill post one here too... I mated my male and female last night for the first time. When I woke up today and tried to introduce the 2 she flared up like this. Is she gravid this fast after just one time??

She certainly looks gravid to me, that's the coloration I was talking about. They never cease to amaze me how they can show so much in their altering pigment, just amazing.

Oh it was a fun show for a few minutes.. She was bright as can be and as soon as he got about 2 feet away, she noticed him and flared up.. Ive never seen her so upset. He tried to puff up and act big and bad and got bright and tried to pursue her, as soon as she gaped and lunged at him a little, he shriveled up got really dark and ran to the bottom. Poor guy talked the talk but couldnt.walk the walk

Back
Top Bottom